46 ~ Going To Be Parents

"Are you serious Sumedh? You had rented private beach with villa for our honeymoon." Mallika gasped looking at the waves reaching the shore and next second dissolving into nothing.

"But when did I say that I had rented?" He was looking at the waves as well with his hands shoved inside his pockets.

"What do you mean?" She looked at him unbelievably.

"I had bought it two years back with my income. Because, I had never imagined that I would be cheated by my company anytime and I had really good salary. Or else I would have saved the amount for fullfiling my dreams. But now I don't get heart to sell it and pursue my dream. Especially when I have this beautiful wife to spend my time all over here." He pulled her elbow and made her crash into his chest.

She held his shirt in tight grip whereas he enveloped his arms around her waist.

"Now we need to make it memorable in our life by visiting sights not by your chessy and craziness, Mr Malhotra." She warned him by pointing her index finger in front of him.

"And what if I steal you from your clothes most of the time in between?" He husked in her ears, making her blush.

"Shameless!" She pushed him away and ran to the waves while laughing at him. He laughed as well and sat on the sand, watching her playing with water.

After felt an eternity also, Mallika didn't feel like coming out. Sumedh sighed and dragged her out of the water.

"Baby!" She whined and the pout was just melting him. But he kept his face straight, "No means no!"

"First change into dry clothes." She huffed and turned her face to other side, holding her hands against her chest.

He shook his head and picked her up in his arms, "Fine let me do the honour."

"No! I will do it myself. Leave me!" She wriggled and got out of his hold finally. Shooting a glare at him, she ran inside the closet.

He chuckled and went to the kitchen to make a infusion for her. After changing into dry clothes, Mallika went to kitchen and backhugged Sumedh.

Sumedh smiled and took her hand to her lips and kissed it before turning to her and grabed her hips to make her sit on the kitchen slab.

He dried her hairs using the towel, she had brought and kissed her forehead, "Baby girl."

"No! I am a big girl." She whined and looked at the infusion lazily making faces.

He pecked her lips and poured the infusion into the cup, "Okay. So, big girls will never deny to have medicines. Come on."

He took the cup near her lips. But she backed away, scrunching her nose, "No, please!"

She started crying for no reason, making him tensed. He sighed and shouted, "What is wrong?! It's just an infusion. Nothing but a water with herbs. Don't behave childishly."

He kept the cup aside and left from there to the swimming pool. Mallika cried more, seeing his anger and sat there itself without moving.

"Why is she behaving weirdly all of a sudden? Maybe... why didn't I think it before itself. I should check on her." Sumedh went back to the kitchen and looked at her trembling body due to heavy cry.

He felt bad to see her crying like that. He went and hugged her. She hugged him back and whimpered, "Sorry. I am annoying you like a kid. I am sorry, Jaan."

"Relax. It's fine. I am sorry, I should have understood. Now have the drink and let's rest for sometime before going out at evening." She nodded her head and had the drink in a go and ran to the room in search of chocolate.

Sumedh smiled and took his mobile to search on certain topic to confirm his doubt.  Meanwhile, Mallika recieved a call from her mother.

"Hello, Mumma! How are you? How is everyone there?" She chirped and jumped on the bed, munching the diary milk silk.

"We are all fine, dear. How are you and Sumedh? Had lunch?" Radha asked.

"Fine, Mumma. I miss you." She whined, making her chuckle.

"Mumma, I haven't yet got my periods. I feel irritated." Mallika's words brought a wide smile and tear droplets in Radha's face.

"Did you check then?"

"Check about what?" She asked innocently, eating the chocolate eagerly.

"Pregnancy check up, Miku. You had missed your dates and feels different. Come on do it and call me soon." She disconnected the call after instructing her how and what to do.

All the while Mallika was silent and didn't know what and how to react. Her mobile slipped from her hand after she disconnected the call.

Meanwhile Sumedh came and sat beside her. Mallika hugged him tightly and said, "Jaan, we are going to be parents!"

"What!" Sumedh exclaimed, making her frown, "Didn't you feel happy?"

"No... It's not that, Jaan. I will be dam happy, if we are going to be parents. But now... I mean how did you know?" Mallika narrated her call with her mother.

"Okay, calm down. Jaan, we should check, right? I will get the pregnancy kit. You rest until then." He pecked her forehead.

She nodded her head joyfully and laid down on the bed. Sumedh smiled and went from there.

He came back after sometime and saw Mallika sleeping peacefully. He sat beside her tugged her hair strands behind her ears. He leaned and kissed her forehead softly and trailed his lips down slowly caressing her soft skin.

She whined and moved her face to other side. He chuckled and stopped teasing her.

"Hope everything goes well. I just want her happiness. I love you, Jaan." He slid inside the blanket with her and slept hugging her.

After sometime Mallika woke up and saw Sumedh, sleeping with his curls spread over his face. She adored him for sometime and got down from the bed.

Her eyes fell on the pregnancy kit on night stand. She couldn't withold excitement and took that and ran to the restroom.

When she came out of the restroom, Sumedh was awake. He pulled her to his lap and they both watched the kit eagerly.

 He pulled her to his lap and they both watched the kit eagerly

How was the chapter?

Is Mallika pregnant?

What will happen next?