13 ~ She is My Angel

"Mumma." Mallika's voice was low, as she watched Tunisha leaving to her room with a sad face.

Radha just hummed and continued making lunch for the guests, who were Malhotras. They were coming to meet Dadi, as she wanted to talk with Sumedh before they proceed further with their marriage.

"Mumma, at least you convince dadi to not avoid di like this. I can be with you all just for a few days. Also, Nishu is sad. If we keep her away from the family, I am getting married to, what use it will create? Don't hurt her more." Mallika held the hem of her mother's saree and tried her best to brainwash her against her dadi.

"Miku, I know that it was wrong to think that due to her your marriage will be spoiled. But you very well know about your dadi. She is so much anger right now to see Tunisha like this. Remember she didn't even attend her wedding. It was nearly four years since she had talked with her. But she was happy that her granddaughter was somewhere happy with her husband. But today her belief was broken and her instincts came true. It will take time for her to be soft with Tunisha being old. She is just cautious about your wedding since her marriage life is spoiled already according to her. But don't worry, we are all there. We will make her life happy like before." She patted her cheeks and smiled at her.

"Must say that I had addicted to the food of your house, Radha Ji

"Must say that I had addicted to the food of your house, Radha Ji. Hereafter keep your house door open, I will come often." Vasudev said, licking the Gajar Halwa from his finger.

It was as if both the family had mingled in the way they don't hesitate to do anything in that surrounding.

"But there is a limit for you to eat sweets, Vasudev Ji. Since you are a sugar patient." Radha replied with a chuckle, making him pout.

"Sathya Ji, are you okay?" Rohini asked, seeing her sad face.

She instantly came back to her sense and smiled awkwardly, feeling Kalyani's stern gaze on her.

"I am fine. Here, try this sweet. It will be delicious." She said nervously and served another sweet to her.

She very well know that her mother in law was angry with her. Mallika's marriage was important to them at that point. Even for her Mallika was more important than Tunisha. But she had to face the wrath of her mother in law for her motherly nature.

Sumedh, who was silently eating the food until now, looked at Mallika, feeling the abnormal circumstances in the household. Whereas Mallika was looking at Tunisha's room door now and then.

"Vasudev Papa and Rohini Mumma are so sweet. They won't deny this wedding even if they come to know that Nisha di is living without a husband. Also, I trust that Jiju will come soon to take her. Then why all are behaving like her life is over? Also, they aren't letting her happy by locking her up in the room." Mallika thrust the spoon in her mouth lazily without any interest to have food.

Sumedh was about to tell her to have food properly, just then Kalyani cleared her throat, "Can we go out for a walk in garden, Sumedh beta?"

"Sure, Ammo." Everyone looked at him in surprise except Mallika.

"What did happen?" He asked slowly unsure about their reaction.

"That how do you know that we call her 'Ammo'?" Madhav asked to which Sumedh smiled, "Oh that! Yesterday night while texting she said that you all call dadi as Ammo. If you don't like it, I will call you dadi only."

"No, Beta. You are also our family member, so you can call me the same as all." She smiled and took them from there.

There was a satisfied smile on Mallika and Sumedh's parents, seeing them both communicating good enough.

"I don't wanna beat around the bushes. I just wanna say a few things about Mallika to you and I want an assurance from you that she will be happy with you." Sumedh listened to her blankly, as the walked on the pavement.

"Mallika is the youngest in our house. We all gave her blind love. She is much sensitive and fragile. I won't say she is innocent. But she had never met this world alone without her family. She will do whatever makes her happy. Bit crazy too sometimes." She chuckled saying so and Sumedh smiled a little too hearing her.

"She was a boon to our house. She can never live without us. It's our mistake to upbringing her in such way. But here she agreed to marry you. I know that she agreed with her family. Second, she might have got attracted to you due to her age factors. Whatever, will you keep her smile the same way forever? I never mind to hurt you twice if she gets hurt once." She said jokingly pointing her finger at him.

"Ammo, you are taunting me." Sumedh smiled, seeing her family's love and care for her.

She shrugged her shoulder casually and he chuckled before saying, "Mere promise wouldn't keep you happy. I know that. I will confess that. I don't know what kind of feeling is this. I am sure this isn't loving between couples. But I do love her. I feel like, I have got something. It is like a cute little world just for me when she is around me. I will cherish her, Ammo. She is my angel."

Kalyani could feel the truthfulness in his eyes in the way he expressed his love for her granddaughter. This was more than enough to give her Mallika to this man.

Just then her eyes fell on Mallika, who was listening to their conversation. Her eyes were teared up and Kalyani could understand that letting Mallika with Sumedh would bond them up more.

"I am going inside." She left before Sumedh could say something. Before he could understand, a weight pushed upon his body and he found his baby clutching to his neck and crying.

"Baby, now what happened?" He wrapped his arms around her waist and sat down on the garden bench.

She shook her head and continued weeping. He just rubbed her back and kissed her hair, unaware of the fact that pair of eyes were burning in jealousy.

 He just rubbed her back and kissed her hair, unaware of the fact that pair of eyes were burning in jealousy

I left the last two parts as a scar to this book.