20 ~ Made for each other

Throughout the ride to Malhotra's mansion, Mallika was a crying mess.

It wasn't easy for her to leave her family behind and hold someone else's hand as her everything hereafter though that person was special to her.

Sumedh held her hand tightly and kept his other hand around her shoulder, rubbing it soothingly. His mere action assured her that he would be with her in all her happy and sad moments.

But a girl like her who had never been out of her house door without her family members, it was more than difficult to move into another house as her home hereafter.

Sumedh didn't talk a single word, as he could feel her pain. This pain could never be wiped off with convincing words. The way, he make their home into heaven for her only could replace her pain.

He was clear about his responsibilities and her happiness. He would do them properly no matter what.

When Mallika's cry turned into sobs, they had reached Sumedh's house. It didn't look like a wedding house, since the wedding happened all of a sudden.

But few of his relatives had just arrived in time when newly wedded couples reached the house. One of them was his dadi. A typical non-sensical woman.

"Baby." Sumedh caressed her hair, who was resting her head on his chest and eyes closed.

"We reached." He gathered her in his arms and made her sit on his lap.

She wiped her leftover tears and smiled at him lightly. He smiled back and caressed her cheeks, "I am sorry. I would have left you with your family. But we should welcome Lakshmi of our house to her abode at least once after the wedding. You can go to your house tomorrow and can stay there as long as you want."

"Sumedh." She started slowly, "They aren't just my family members and that home isn't just mine. You are also part of them. Don't have any hard feelings. Also, this house is mine. I have my parents here too. It's just that I had never used to be without them. I...I..."

Her voice trembled, as she broke out into tears once again. Sumedh held her palms and kissed her both eyes one by one softly, making her breath hitch.

She stopped her cry at his sudden move and gasped. He had successfully diverted her attention.

"Baby, look, people can never stay physically close to you always. You should feel them in your heart. That is a real closeness. As I said before, one day I will also..." Before he could complete, she kept her index finger on his lips, "Shh. Don't repeat it ever."

He felt a shiver run down her spine at her mere touch. He had an urge to kiss her senselessly at that moment. But he didn't wish to let them into an awkward situation. After all, he wanted her to take lead in their relationship so that he wouldn't hurt her feelings by any means.

Their peaceful moment was disturbed when they heard a knock on the car window. They broke their eye lock and looked outside to find a girl in her teens just like Mallika was smiling at them widely.

"Bhai, do you wish to celebrate your first night just inside your car?" Mallika looked away and blushed, slowly getting down from Sumedh's lap.

He opened the door and got down and held his hand out to Mallika, ignoring the comment passed by his cousin sister, Deva, as he knew that he would lose his control if he continuously heard anyone's teasing regarding their first night.

Mallika held his hand and got down, holding her lehanga in one hand. As soon as she got down, she heard various gasps from his relatives, "Aww! How beautiful this girl is!!"

"Perfect match. Bhabi, take Nazar for them both."

"Yes, di, apply Kala tikka."

"Made for each other."

Sumedh and Mallika tried their best to not blush in front of them. They smiled and walked towards the entrance, holding each other hands.

Their various compliments came to an end when a lady in her seventies came out of the house. Mallika felt weird and scared for no reason, seeing her appearance.

With those wrinkled skin over her face and body to she was looking fierce. Rohini took her blessings, "Namaste, Sasu Ma."

Mallika could easily understand how typical that lady was just by seeing her mother in law, who had taken her as her daughter, calling that lady 'sasu ma'.

It meant that that lady hadn't taken her daughter in law as her daughter over these many years.

Sumedh took Mallika to her and bent down to touch her feet. Mallika followed him.

"Bless us, Dadi Ji," Sumedh said and touched her feet along with Mallika.

"Hmm." It just came out of that lady's voice, as she went inside without any other word.

Mallika was worried. Sumedh just blinked his eyes and whispered in her ear, "Chillax, baby. She is just a drama queen. Don't worry about her behaviour. She knew that dad never let her involve in our family matters. So, she will just make us all irritate until she leaves. But will never interfere in our life."

Mallika smiled nervously and held his hand more tightly. He held it in the same way. Meanwhile, Deva, his cousin had come with an aarti plate.

"Your both cheeks should turn as red as this red paste tonight, guys!" She teased them both, embarrassing them.

"Shut up, Deva!" Sumedh tried to sound harsh but the blush on his face made him sound pleading.

Others chuckled and she did arti to them both. Now, I need my favourite diamond set necklace. Until then I couldn't allow you both inside.

She showed her palm to Sumedh. Mallika chuckled, as she remembered how she had demanded her brothers the same way after their wedding. But she was way too young at those times that she just asked for her favourite toys and cartoon CDs at that time.

Sumedh felt happy, seeing her smile. So, he straight away took his credit card and gave that to his sister, "Purchase whatever you want."

"Aww! So, desperate to enter your room, haan? But you guys have to do rituals before your first night, bhai." Sumedh just wished to run away from there before he could develop some more desire for tonight.

Mallika became deaf since her cheeks pained due to blushing. Besides, an unknown desire inside her was awakening slowly.

"Enough now. Let my daughter grace her house for the first time." Rohini saved them both and Deva moved away.

Mallika slowly pushed the rice pot and everyone around her clapped since all were little to understand what was happening there, just like Mallika when she was during Tunisha's wedding.

For them wedding was just entertainment and filled with happiness. But the experience was different from what people said and saw.

It was a sour and sweet relationship.

Sorry, if I had bored you all with this chapter

What are you thinking about Sumellika's future? Sour or sweet?