14 ~ Oldie My Goldie

"I am so lucky to get you, Sumedh Ji. I was thinking about cancelling this alliance when I saw Nisha di. She had a love marriage. But Jiju hasn't yet made a call to her since she came here. I was wondering then how can we work out our wedding. But, when I see your affection for me, I can never think of anyone else in my life in your place." She wept over his shoulder, hugging him more.

Now, Sumedh understood why did she cry at the restaurant yesterday. He smiled and said, "Baby, see, why don't you take your parents and brothers marriage as an example?"

Mallika nodded her head, wiping away her tears and pulled back from him to see his face.

"Also, do you know what? Though Nisha di had a love marriage, he is also a stranger to her at first sight, right? I mean, don't look at me, as if I got brain out of nowhere suddenly." Sumedh chuckled at this but remained silent and let her continue, "My bhabi said as an example to get me to marry you. So, as she said, Jiju was also a stranger to di. So, she might have made the wrong choice or else there might be some misunderstanding. So..."

Sumedh cut her off and rubbed her back, "Baby, relax! You are thinking too much about our wedding. Misunderstandings happen. But we should solve it, instead of thinking about ruining our relationship. Second, we should always stand by each other side no matter what the circumstances are."

By saying that he showed his pinky finger to her, "I swear, I will follow it."

He looked into her eyes, waiting for her reply. She smiled slowly and locked her pinky finger with his, "I swear as well."

He hugged her close and kissed her forehead, "By the way, it doesn't suit you when you call me 'Sumedh Ji'. Also, it makes me look like an old man."

He pouted. She looked at his face for a second and burst into laughter, "Then are you young, Mr Eight-Years-Elder-Malhotra?"

"Haww! So you are saying me as old." He narrowed his eyes.

"Can't say like that. But yes, compared to me, you are old, right? And you call me as your baby." She stuck her tongue out at him while teasing.

"Then you should know what this Eight-Years-Elder-Malhotra can do to his baby." He started tickling her stomach, making her burst out in laughter.

"S..Su.." She couldn't say anything and laughed out loud continuously. He laughed along with her and tickled continuously.

Her eyes pooled with tears and she couldn't control her laughter at all.

"P...lea...se." She stuttered and tried to get rid of him. Hearing her laugh, elders came out to witness the beautiful scene in front of them.

Their heart filled with happiness. Except to only one, who was looking at them from the balcony with complete irritation.

"Then call me Sumedh. Don't use your JI." He stressed at that word and continued his attack.

Mallika nodded her head unable to utter a single word. He stopped tickling and rubbed her back, seeing her breathing heavily.

Mallika got down from him and walked backwards until stood at a safe distance and shouted, "I will call you 'Oldie' My 'Goldie'."

She turned back to run away and he got up to catch her as well. But they were both stunned to see their both parents and Kalyani.

Their face flushed with embarrassment and they bit their lips with a sheepish grin, bringing a wide smile on the elder's face.

After returning from Mallika's house, Sumedh's face was just filled with a smile. Rohini and Vasudev felt extremely happy to see their son like this.

They didn't know the exact reason to see him one day as a drunkard and in the next few months, he left India in the name of the job.

He was always hesitating to get married. But today seeing him happy made them happy as well.

As Sumedh changed into comfortable clothes and took his laptop. His mobile vibrated with incoming foreign calls. He smiled, seeing the caller Id.

He immediately picked up the call, "Hello, Lee. How are you?"

Helly could feel the excitement in his voice, which made her smirk naturally, "Oh! Someone is already in love."

"Oh, shut up! Yes, I love her but not like your dirty brain think. Now say, how are you and your LONG TERM CRUSH, Varun?" She blushed immediately and bit her tongue, as she forgot to say why did she call him now.

"Sumi, first of all, listen. Boss asked you to come here next week. He didn't say anything further. I think there is some serious issue." Sumedh furrowed his eyebrows, hearing her, "But I haven't received any mail or message regarding it. He never is informal, right?"

"Even I felt that and asked him too. But he just told me to convey this. Anyways, leave it. I am calling your mom and dad to conduct your wedding soon. While coming to Canada, bring her with you. It will be like a honeymoon." She chuckled and cut the call immediately, as she knew that he was in the mood for teasing right now.

She was right. His thoughts were running around his boss's call for him. But why didn't he tell that to him directly or mailed him about it?

He was confused.

"Ammo, Vasudev Ji called just now

"Ammo, Vasudev Ji called just now. It's that Sumedh has to go to Canada next week. They don't know the purpose but he was called from his Company. So, he asked me whether we could conduct their wedding within next week." Ram said, which also fell in Mallika's ears.

"What?!" She was shocked to know that he was working in foreign.

Everyone else looked at Ram with wide eyes and looked at Mallika nervously, as they decided to hide this part since Sumedh was going to work in India at least for a few years.

But now he had to reveal it without any option. On the other hand, Mallika was beyond shock to digest this newly found truth.

"Now you will give up on him. Because, destiny had written him as mine, baby girl." Someone thought with a smirk.

What destiny had actually written for them?