38 ~ Love You

Mallika was stealing glances at Sumedh, who was sipping his tea at the canteen with his co-staffs. On the other hand, Kartik was looking at Helly without any care about the surroundings.

"What is happening here?" Sumedh whispered in Helly's ear, noticing Kartik's behaviour.

"What?" She frowned at him in confusion. He signalled Kartik to her and whispered again, "My brother-in-law's eyes aren't moving from yours."

She half-closed her face with her palm and blushed to look down in a way none could notice. But Kartik and Sumedh noticed it well.

"Don't say that you are in love with the student." Sumedh teased her.

"Oh! Then I guess you are a husband of your student." She taunted him.

"So, you are in love with my brother." He smirked.

"It's not like that, Sumi. I don't know. Just a mere attraction." She was silent for a second, reminiscing her false choice and scared to fall in love once again.

"Now leave that. What is happening in your life? How come your baby becomes your student? Also, her eyes aren't moving from you. So, something!" She teased him.

He blushed and looked at Mallika through the corner of her eyes before replying to her, "She is precious, you know. But I don't know how and why she ended up here. But she had said that she was going to surprise me. I am not getting anything."

"Oh! I got it!! On that day, she was saying that she would make you proud by matching you in every way. She is doing this for you, Sumi. She loves you a lot." Sumedh was shocked for a second and felt happy to see her taking efforts to make him proud.

Anyways, he loved her a lot and depend on her a lot nowadays. At that moment, he had planned to propose to her soon to take their relationship to the next stage.

"Bhabi!!" Mallika came out of her dream world, hearing Deva's scream.

"Shh!" Mallika shushed her looking around, to whether anyone had gained their attention and sighed in relief.

"Don't call me bhabi, Deva. I am your junior here. Call me by my name." Mallika said, confusing her.

"Junior? What are you saying? I thought that you had come to see the bhai." She sat opposite them and stole a glance at Kartik.

"You girls carry on. I will go to the class." Kartik said and moved from there, leaving Deva in disappointment.

"Now just don't call me bhabi. I will explain everything later." Mallika said and held her hand, "Now tell me, what is going on between you and Kartik?"

Deva hesitated a little and looked at Mallika, who was looking at her with concern.

"I love him." She said after pondering over it for a few seconds. Mallika wasn't surprised by her answer. She had guessed it already with her longing gazes toward Kartik.

"And him?" Deva shook her head as 'no' to Mallika's question.

Mallika exhaled a deep breath and waited for her to open up.

"I love him ever since I had joined here. But he never looks at me. He never looked at any girl. But I always love him. I go everywhere where he would be. Maybe this would have annoyed him. He started showing me faces to me. One day, he even slapped me when I proposed to him. I know I shouldn't have embarrassed him in front of all. Yet, that gave me so much pain. He is just giving me pain after pain. I want him at any cost, bhabi." She started crying saying so.

Sumedh got panicked, seeing her tears. But he convinced himself, thinking Mallika would take care. He didn't wish to reveal his relationship with both the girls, as that might create any misunderstandings and affect their studies.

"He isn't any toy to buy at any cost, Deva," Mallika said calmly and squeezed her hands.

She just wiped her tears and went from there. Mallika sighed not knowing how to make her understand that was nothing but an obsession.

That day came to an end slowly and Kartik dropped her at the home, "This week Saturday freshers party, Miku. You should come with a partner."

"What college is it? No, I can't. I am fine alone." Mallika said, making faces.

"Come on, baby. You should get out of your circle. Just a friendly partner. Who knows, you might get one good friend through this. Don't hesitate." He said, to which she said nothing and left from there to the house.

Sumedh was yet to come. She had changed into another dress and dumped the food, she hadn't had a morning and afternoon in the dustbin. She tried to light the stove to boil the milk when he arrived.

She stood frozen when a pair of arms wrapped around her waist. He turned on the stove and lighted it, keeping her in his embrace yet.

Her heartbeats increased, as her back pressed into his front. He placed a small kiss on her neck, before turning her to him and crushing her in the embrace.

She was taken back by him but composed herself and hugged him back.

"I love you. I don't have any words to express it. Nothing can measure my love for you. I am blessed to get you in this life. Love you so much, Jaan." He said as tear drops twinkled in his eyes.

She smiled, hearing him and kissed his chest softly, "Love you too."

He held her by the shoulder and pulled her back slowly. His eyes got locked with hers. Time stopped for both of them.

Neither did he ask her the reason for joining the college nor did she explain. At that moment, they both realised how much space they both gave to each other. How much comfortable they both were with each other. How much intimate they got with each other.

She closed her eyes due to their proximity. He caught her approval. His lips leaned close. Both felt goosebumps with the mere touch of each other lips.

Right before he carried away, milk poured out of the vessel after boiling and they both jerked out to the reality to turn off the stove immediately.

He rubbed his nape sheepishly and she blushed to the core.

Hey guys, how was the chapter?

How many of you waiting for their first kiss?