Chapter 47-Parents

Leona's POV
Freya shook me awake, I groaned and rolled over to prop myself up using my shoulder so I could face her. She pecked me on the nose and ran a hand through my hair. I smiled and buried my face in her chest. Freya chuckled and continued running her hand through my hair.

"Good morning. Do you remember what day it is?"

I frowned for a second until realization hit me. It was Christmas Eve. We were heading to my parents today to spend today and tomorrow there. Together we decided that we would be there in the early afternoon. Therefore we had to leave at around 1 pm. I peeked over her shoulder to check what time it was.

"Okay, it's 10 am we have a good few hours alone before we have to leave," I told her and adjusted my position so I would be more comfortable.

She hummed in approval. "All alone? Sounds amazing."

I laughed softly. "Agreed."

"Should we just lie on the couch and watch a Christmas movie?" She suggested.

Brightening up, I nodded intensely. She snickered as we walked to the living room and plopped down on the couch. I rested my head on her shoulder and she reached over to grab the remote. It didn't take us that long to choose a movie to watch, we chose a corny Hallmark movie. We'd watched one too many of those.

After the movie, we snuggled up and talked while drinking a cup of hot chocolate for the remaining of the time. Before we knew it we were out the door and in my car. The drive was about two hours long, to pass the time we blasted music and sang along.

When we arrived my parents were waiting outside the house. They wore a smile on their faces. Although I didn't fail to notice it wasn't a genuine once. The sorrow was apparent in their eyes. I assumed even Freya understood by the glance she gave me when we exited the car.

The moment I stepped out of the car I ran to my parents and embraced them tightly. Dad chuckled deeply and patted me on the back before pulling back. Mom pecked me on the forehead and was quick to ask generic questions.

Freya was standing by the car, so I beckoned her over. She gave my parents a slightly tense smile, it looked like she didn't exactly know what to do or say.  My mom was the first one to say something.

"How are you, dear?"

"I'm fine, and you?"

"It's Christmas Eve, am I allowed to be anything but jolly?" It was a rhetorical question, but Freya answered anyway.

She laughed, "I guess not."

"Well, now. Let's not stand in the cold anymore, come on in," my dad said, waving us in.

I walked inside and was greeted by the smell of something, I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was though. Freya followed behind and seemed in awe when she entered. She observed the room and the decorations on the walls.

My parents weren't big on decorating the outside of a house. Always said the Christmas spirit was to be kept on the inside, it made it more special. Layla argued you should share it with everybody. It might make someone's day. But she wasn't here to convince them this year. So the outside was practically empty except for their usual decorations.

"It looks truly astounding," Freya complimented, her eyes still set on the decorations.

"You should see the living room then, " Dad said and showed her to it.

I heard her gasp when she entered and couldn't contain the laughter. My mom's smile turned real at her reaction and it warmed my heart. She looked at me, putting a heartfelt hand on her chest.