CHAPTER NINE| ELEVATOR

Leona
"Who's this?," he asked, I didn't even realize who it was until his face turned to my direction.

"Leona?"

"Oh, hi there, Rowan," I replied, awkwardly shrugging my shoulders and looking down at floor.

"How do you know her?," he asked her, turning his head towards Freyas direction.

"If I remember correctly we met yesterday at the party, after our argument," she said, furrowing her eyebrows at the last sentence, almost like she just remembered what happened. Her head turned to my direction, giving me a smile to not make the situation too awkward but it didn't help that I could see the anger through her eyes. If all, it made it more awkward. She turned her head towards him again, he grinded his teeth as he slowly turned his head, preparing for the rage that was about to come. Her bottom lip bled slightly as she bit it harshly, taking a deep breath in.

"You piece of shit, you really think I forgot what happened?," she yelled at him, digging her nails into the palm of her hands. It looked like she was about to slap him any moment but she hestiated. Instead she turned her back against him, crossing her arms tightly while staring at the brown, wooden wall in front of her. I, myself was looking down at floor, feeling uncomfortable as I watched the rage in his eyes growing deeper. Not wanting to make the situation worse I shut my mouth, refusing to say anything even though I so desparetly wanted for them to acknowledge that I was there, in hope that they would stop arguing in front of me.

"You're such a drama queen," he replied grabbing her shoulder, trying to force her to turn around and face him. But she didn't, stubbornly she kept her arms just as tightly and stood still, not saying a word to him. This elevator never seemed to stop, I thought to myself, still staring down at the floor but catching a glimpse of what was happening around me every now and then.

"Fuck you, Rowan. Don't touch me!," he put his hand on her shoulder again but she quickly grabbed it, digging her nails into his skin as she pushed it away from her shoulder, giving him the middle finger before she once again turned around. He rolled his eyes and stomped away to the other side of the elevator, making sure she heard his anger in each and every step.

They were too caught up in their argument to realize that the elevator had stopped for a few minutes now. I ran my tounge along my teeth, nervously looking around the room, scratching the back of my neck harshly, I hated being stuck in small spaces and I was slowly freaking out as I started taking deep breaths. Freya must have finally noticed the situation and walked towards me, Rowan looked over at me and gave me the cold eye, like it was my fault that they were arguing.

"Hey, calm down. I'll push the emergency button and they'll help us as soon as possible," she told me, realizing how anxious I was. After she gave me a smile, reassuring me it was okay. I gave her a weak smile and nodded slightly, feeling a bit more calmed down now but still freaking out a bit on the inside. Then she walked over to the emergency button and pushed it, walking over to me again afterwards.

"See? They'll help us any moment now," she reassured me, putting her arm on my shoulder. For a second it looked she was about to hug me but hestiated when Rowan coughed loudly while staring at us as he leaned against the wall, obviously quite mad. Freya shot a quick glance at him and then turned around, facing me again, looking deep in thought, meanwhile her hand was still on my shoulder, giving me goosebumps. We stood there for a while, her hand on my shoulder until she eventually pulled me into a hug. Wrapping her arms around me. I was shocked for a moment but then returned the hug. I felt a tear falling down on my shoulder, she was sniffing, crying silently.