Chapter 64-Delivering

Leona's POV
I pet Penny until she fell asleep on my lap. Sometimes I wish I was a cat so I could sleep whenever and wherever I wanted to without any worries. Now, that would have been peaceful. I aspire to care as little as Penny did.

Freya stroked her fur and leaned her head on mine. I laughed at her exhaustion and pecked both her and Penny on the head.

"So, December 10th next year it is?"

"Yeah, that's plenty of time to plan," she mumbled under her breath, closing the journal we were using to plan the wedding.

"It's late, I just want to sleep now."

"It's 9 pm, beautiful. That doesn't classify as late unless you're like seven or seventy."

"Let me sleep in peace."

It seemed I had two cats now.

"Sure, Freya. Sleep, I'll gladly clean up," I sarcastically muttered.

"Hmm. Thank you."

I scoffed and tried to clean up the mess we made without removing Penny from my lap. When I finished what I could, I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV to find something to look at until I was tired enough to go to sleep.

My phone rang halfway through a movie, I noticed it was May and picked up.

"I need you to come over, right now," she grunted in pain.

"What's going on?"

"What the fuck do you think is going on that bastard of a father won't pick up the phone and I'm in labor, my contractions are becoming more frequent and I need someone to help me to the hospital because I'd really like to avoid taking a taxi."

And now I was freaking out. "Holy shit, May. Already? Your due date is in like three weeks."

"Fuck off I think I know when I'm in labor now get your ass over here or I swear to god-"

I interrupted her. "I'm on my way. Can I bring Freya?"

"Frankly I don't give a fuck just come."

"Okay, okay. I'll be there as fast as possible."

She hung up and I shook Freya awake. At first, she swatted my arms away but when I told her what was going on she immediately woke up. I was grateful May's apartment wasn't far away.

I knocked on the door and May yelled at me to come in. She was sitting on the couch, looking worse than ever. May beckoned me over and I helped her up. I guided her to the car and we drove to the hospital.

***

"How is she?" I asked the nurse.

"May is doing good but things are moving along quickly now, she asked you to join her in the room."

I nodded and told Freya to wait here while I entered the room. May was panting on the bed and demanded I held her hand. She squeezed it so hard I thought it was going to fall off.

"Is that idiot here?"

"No, but-" her phone pinged. I checked and saw it was the baby daddy, Edwin. "Speaking of the devil, he just texted you. Said he would be right there."