Chapter 20-Sick?

Freya
"Do you feel better now?," she asked me, looking troubled.

"Still nauseous but I'm better." I gave her a smile but she didn't quite look relieved yet.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that," I laughed to lighten the mood and it seemed to work because quickly she joined in.

"Scoot over." Before I could get out a reaction she pushed me to the side and tried sitting next to me in the small armchair.

"What are you doing, there's no space here!" She ignored my comment and pushed me aside.

"I swear if you don't move I will sit on you," I gave her a smirk and she rolled her eyes and continued trying to squeeze in.

"Just sit on the sofa instead you idiot," I groaned, wrapping my blanket tighter around myself. She hissed at me, literally.

"Did you just hiss at me?," I asked her with a disgusted look on my face. She hissed again and I raised my eyebrows in shock.

"You're such a weirdo, go sit on the sofa, there's no space for two here," I crossed my arms tightly in annoyance. She groaned before walking over to the sofa. It was foolish of me to believe she would actually give up. Before I knew it she ran over and sat on the arm of the armchair, soon tripping over and falling onto my lap. She burst out in laughter and so did I. We laughed for what seemed like a few minutes before I finally took a deep breath and stopped. She did as well and sat up, she was now sitting on my lap, leaning on the arm of the armchair.

"You know we could just move over to the couch," I asked, flustered.

"Nah, you're more comfortable." She grinned and I rolled my eyes, shaking my head in defeat.

"Fine, but if I end up not being able to breathe, I want you to know, it was your fault, have fun at my funeral," I was now the one grinning and she gave me a death glare that was honestly kind of scary.

"I'm slightly offended but I will just ignore that comment." I giggled and grabbed the remote.

"What do you wanna watch?," I asked her, now facing her.

"Brave."

"The disney movie?" She gave me a smile and a nod, I laughed at her response.

"Why?"

"I mean who doesn't love disney? It's one of my favourites and she's the disney princess that looks the most like you," her voice was low and she didn't make eye contact with me, almost like she was embarrassed. I laughed at her cuteness and gave her a smile.

"True, I love it too, let's watch it." She gave me a huge grin and took the remote, turning on the movie.

We watched the whole movie and I subtly studied her reactions to the movie, she was cute, I had to admit that. Someway throughout the movie she leaned her head on my shoulder, looking exhausted. I chuckled and wrapped my arm around her. We were so close it was almost suffocating. But no matter how close we were, I couldn't help but want to be even closer.

By the time the movie was over Leona was sleeping on my shoulder and I didn't wanna wake her up, I was too tired to anyways. So I let myself fall asleep with my arms wrapped around her.

***

The beaming sunligt struck into my eyes like a police siren light would in the dark. Leona was lying on my lap, her chest rising up and down in sync with mine. I moved a strand of hair from her face that I could tell was bothering her even in her sleep. I was struck out of the trance I was in when I watched her when I realized I really, really needed to pee.