Chapter 83-Baby

Leona's POV
I was facetiming with Zarah and Phoebe, it had been a good two months since she'd started traveling with Phoebe, and apparently, they were in Japan at the moment.

"How's Japan?" I asked, shifting in my position, my back was aching.

"It's good," Zarah answered. "I like it here. We'll only be here for another week or so though, I'll miss it."

"Have you been to Japan before, Phoebe?"

She nodded. "Once, but I haven't been in this specific city before so it's new for me too."

I smiled when I felt the baby kicking furiously in my stomach. These past weeks it had been kicking a lot. I was nearing the end of the pregnancy, with around two months left. We'd started preparing for the arrival, even though it was a good ten weeks away still. I'd rather be too prepared than underprepared.

"What are you smiling about?" Zarah asked, but in a curious tone rather than a rude one.

"The baby, it's a wild one."

"Do you know the gender?" Phoebe asked.

I nodded. "It's a boy. Didn't really matter to me, I'm just glad he's healthy."

"Any name ideas?" Zarah wondered, grinning as Phoebe kissed her.

"Joey," I revealed. "That's what his name as of now will be."

"I like it," Zarah said and Phoebe agreed.

For a while more, we talked until they had to hang up. As they did, Freya's head peeked into the room. I beckoned her in and watched as she entered, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"How are they?"

"They're good," I replied, gesturing for her to come closer. "Can you massage me? My back is killing me."

"At your service," she joked, scooching closer to massage me.

She pressed feather-light kisses on my neck as she massaged my back. I giggled and playfully pushed her head back, tickled by her kisses.

"I can't wait until our baby boy is here," I whispered into the silence.

"Me either."

"We'll be great parents, won't we?"

"We will," she assured.

I smiled and craned my neck to peck her. She grinned and wrapped her arms around my stomach. At that moment, the baby kicked. Freya laughed, having felt the kick, I presumed.

"He must be excited to see me."

"Don't get too cocky now," I teased.

"Mhm, because I'm the cocky one."

"Yes, you are."

She scoffed then tittered. "You're hilarious."

"Why thank you."

She facepalmed, sighing extra loud so I would hear it, then resumed massaging me silently for the next couple of minutes. Eventually, she stopped and lied down on the bed.