CHAPTER TWO| STORYTIME

Leona

She slept on my lap so peacefully, snoring quietly. I started playing with strands of her red hair and admired the beautiful view in front of me.

She was quite pale and had these big, blue beautiful eyes that I've always loved. "God, you're beautiful," I said in a soft voice as I looked down at her while stroking her skin.

I gave her a peck on her forehead and put a blanket over her as I yawned. I then closed my eyes hoping to get some rest as well before we had to pick up Audrey.

***
Before I knew it two hours had already went by and I could hear the ringing of the alarm in my head. I let out a big yawn.

"Stupid alarm clock," I muttered.

"It's time to wake up," I whispered in Freya's ear.

I lifted her head slightly so I could stand up from the couch. Freya soon woke up and said "is it already 1:40 PM?," in a tired voice.

"Yes, it is. We gotta go now," I told her while getting dressed.

Freya walked over to me and hugged me from behind while giving me small kisses on my neck. "Hey, calm down. We still got five minutes before we gotta go. No need to stress," she said in a playful voice.

"We're not having sex five minutes before we have to go," I replied in a firm voice while handing her a jacket.

She chuckled and put on the jacket. Meanwhile I went to the dark brown counter in the kitchen to get the car keys.

"Let's go," I said while I started unlocking the door.

I looked back and saw that Freya was smirking slightly at me. "What?," I told her irritatedly.

"Nothing, you're just cute," she said as she chuckled while heading towards the hall.
I gave her a quick eyeroll and closed the door.

***

When we opened the door to the classroom we saw Audrey sitting on her knees and playing with the other children. Every now and then she would smile and laugh, it was probably the most innocent and cute sight ever.

"It's time to go home, Audrey," I shouted to her.

She looked a bit disappointed but quickly cleaned up her toys, said goodbye and headed to the door where we were standing.

"Do we have to go?," she asked me while trying to cry to make me feel bad for picking her up already.

I smiled and told her "yes, sweetie. We have to go home now. But you can come back tomorrow, doesn't that sound good," I said while stroking her hair.

"Fine," she replied and sighed.

This time she wasn't nearly as happy as when we dropped her off this morning. She had her arms crossed tightly and looked beyond annoyed that we picked her up. I knew just the thing to cheer her up.

"We were planning on getting some ice cream, do you want some?," I asked her.

She smiled bigger than ever and cheered with joy while applauding. "We'll take that as a yes," Freya replied.