CHAPTER TEN| LAYLA

Layla
Laying in a hospital bed all day was the most boring thing ever. I was rarely able to get out of this bed. The treatment was here to help me, but at this point it felt useless. There was a low chance that I would survive at this point. The doctors predicted that I would only have a couple more months left, unless some sorta miracle happens. At this point, the only reason I'm still fighting for my life is my family. I don't wanna leave them alone in this cruel world, I love them too much. My low appetite didn't exactly help. I had lost a lot of weight since my treatments started, rarely wanting to eat.

"Maybe I should eat something," I mumbled to myself. My body was weak and walking was difficult since I felt like collapsing every other minute. But I wanted to see Leona, so I forced myself to go the elevator and pressed one. I had a bit more energy than I usually have, so getting to the cafeteria wasn't easy, but it could have been harder.

When I finally got down to the cafeteria, I looked around, hoping to spot Leona somewhere in the crowd. Finally, I saw her, but she wasn't alone, she was with a girl who I only could hope was Freya because her description of her matched perfectly. She had a bandage around her head, I guess that's the reason she is in the hospital. I walked over there and stood next to Leona.

"Hey," I said, Leona turned around, not realizing I was standing right behind her until I said something. I could tell she liked her, only a dumbass wouldn't be able to see how attracted she was to her, you could see it in her eyes, her movements. As her sister, I felt inclined to embarrass her. So that's just what I did.

"What's my favourite sister up to? Are you blushing, oh, how cute," I said, teasingly. Leona looked embarrassed, so my plan seemed to work. I could see how mad she was in her eyes and expression, she looked like she could kill me any second, oops.

"I will literally kill you if you don't shut up," she snarled at me. I pressed my lips together, in an effort to not laugh like a maniac. Embarrassing her was the funniest thing ever because I knew just how mad she could get. Why have a sister if you can't tease her every now and then. I knew if I didn't say anything right now I would burst out in laughter, but I didn't wanna make the girl, she so obviously liked, way too embarrased.

"So, who are you?," I asked, sitting down, knowing well aware who she was but wanting to hear it from her.

"I'm Freya, how about you?," she asked politely, reaching out to shake my hand, I took her hand and shook it. She looked a bit uncomfortable which was understandable, I did just embarrass the crap out of Leona.

"I'm Layla, Leonas twin sister," I replied, giving her a smile. She seemed to flinch for a second when I mentioned I was Leonas sister. Then she let go off my hand and started playing with her fingernails for a little while before she finally said something. Gosh, Leona must have told her about my cancer. I wasn't surprised, that was how pretty much how everybody reacted when they found out I had cancer. She seemed to understand that it was a touchy subject and didn't bring it up.

"Silly me, I should have noticed, I mean you look identical," she replied, giggling afterwards and giving me a sheepish smile. The tension started becoming thicker and thicker as we sat there, just staring at the table for a little while. Eventually I had enough of this awkward silence and decided to say something.

"Anyways, I'm gonna go get some food, I'll be right back, don't have too much fun without me," I said as I stood up, leaning on the table. While I walked away, I turned around, smirking at Leona, knowing she was the only one who saw it. She rolled her eyes, knowing what my smirk was implying. I winked at her and turned around again, bumping into someone during the process.

"oh, shit. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to," I stuttered and picked up his tray with food that was now on the floor. My cheeks were starting to flush as I refused to look the person who I had just bumped into in his eyes. Though I did caught a glimpse of him before I almost tripped. It looked like a short guy, maybe a few inches shorter than me or so. He was bald and had pale skin. I wasn't able to catch his eye colour though.