Chapter 43-Pancakes

Leona's POV
These past twenty or so hours were nothing like I'd expected them to be. I thought we would drink some coffee and chat a bit. What I didn't expect was that I would end up kissing Freya and stating the reasons why we should try whatever this is with us. She was right, it was out of character for me, at least with the way I'd been acting the last couple of months. But fuck, I knew I'd regret it if we didn't try. I couldn't miss out on the chance. Layla wanted me to move on, she wanted me to confess, she wanted us together. I want us together. Because shit, I loved her. And I'd be damned if I let go of her.

I saw her staring at the ceiling in my peripheral vision, she was lying flat on her back in the bed next to me. To get a better view of her, I propped myself up on my elbow so I was facing her. She must have noticed me staring as she turned around, her arm tucked under her head. A smile graced her lips and I couldn't help the one making its way across my face.

This time I took initiative, reaching out to place my hand on her face. Gently I rubbed my thumb in a circular motion, relishing in the way she relaxed into my touch and hummed softly in content. She put her free hand on mine and made direct eye contact with me.

"Do you think we're moving too fast?" She asked, moving my hand away.

I shook my head in disagreement. "The concept of moving too fast is stupid. As long as you are comfortable with how things are going, then fuck moving too fast. If you are, uncomfortable, I mean. We can take this step for step."

"You know what, you're right. Fuck society, fuck the rules, fuck everything. Fuck it all, it's you and I. We make our own rules, yeah?"

The smile lingering on my lips turned into a grin as I nodded in admiration. God, she was astounding. I pecked her on the nose and laughed at the way her nose scrunched up. She complained that it tingled, so to annoy her I continued planting soft kisses on her nose. Freya burst out into laughter and shoved my face away. However, in the process, she had gotten too close to the edge and fell off. Her back hit the floor with a thud and she let out a pain-filled laughter.

I crawled over to see if she was okay but made the foolish mistake of trying to help drag her up, as she ended up taking me with her. Surely intentionally by the way she smirked when I ended up falling and hitting the floor. I shoved her away but couldn't suppress the laughter threatening to escape me for long. So there we were, lying on the floor messing around like two high-schoolers in love. And I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

It took us forever to get ourselves off the floor. She helped me up with a beam and plopped herself down on the bed. It was around 10 am at this point and we had done nothing. I didn't leave, though. Being with her, even if we weren't doing anything, was so much better than being at home.

"Do you want to do something? You know, besides sitting on the bed all day."

"I don't know, like what?" I asked, shifting my position so I was closer to her.

"First of all, we could eat breakfast."

Choosing the most perfect time, my stomach growled. "I think my stomach agrees."

Then an idea hit me. "We could make pancakes," I suggested with a beam.

She laughed at my enthusiasm and agreed. I saw her get up and head to the closet, then she scanned it for a minute and threw out a generic black t-shirt and a pair of jeans on the bed. I assumed it was for her but she continued digging through her clothes. This time throwing a white button-up and another pair of jeans.

"Who are those for?" I asked with a confused tilt of my head.

"You, smartass. I figured you'd want a change of clothes and a shower. And I have a spare toothbrush in the bathroom. Trust me, you need it."