Chapter 56-Romance

Freya's POV
I ran a hand through Leona's hair. She hummed softly in content and snuggled further into my lap. We were at her place for once. This was unusual but it happened sometimes. And today was one of those days.

Micaela had been staying with me for two weeks now. She had gone back a little over a week ago. They had been rather tough weeks. It had been impossible not to notice that Micaela was down a lot although she tried to hide it.

Though I wish she could stay at my place for longer, her having to sleep in my bed all the time wouldn't work for much longer. Therefore we'd arranged a plan with Wren. She would move in with him until she found a place to stay. They had an extra room so it was perfect. For now, she would be staying with me for another week.

"When's your roommates coming home?"

"In like a few minutes, I would assume. They usually arrive at around the same time."

I nodded. "Okay. So we have a few minutes for ourselves?"

Leona laughed. "Yes, what are you implying?"

I smirked and flipped her around so I straddling her. "Oh, nothing."

She kissed me deeply. "Oh yeah?"

***

Like Leona had said, her roommates entered the apartment a few minutes ago. I had only briefly spoke to them on a few occasions. Despite having known Leona for a while. We didn't hang out together with our friends much. Considering I didn't have any, as I stopped speaking to them a while ago, that might have been one of the key factors as to why we avoided that.

Leona put on a t-shirt and walked briskly out of the room to greet her friends. I did too and smiled politely when I saw them. She hugged them both and began chatting with them. I tuned out the conversation and thought about Micaela again. It was hard to get her out of my head when I was so concerned for her.

"What do you think, Freya?" I snapped back.

"Sorry, what?"

"Are mushrooms disgusting or not? May asked.

How this conversation came to be and why they were talking about mushrooms went unbeknownst to me. So I simply replied with a, "no?"

"You're just picky," Zarah said.

"No, you have bad taste," May defended herself.

Leona snickered. "It's not good nor bad. It's okay. It's somewhere in the middle."

They shared a look between each other. "You know what, middle ground. I like that."

She flipped her hair back dramatically. "See I'm a peacemaker."

Then I zoned out again. I took out my phone and sat down on the couch to send a quick text to Micaela to check on her. She replied promptly, which wasn't surprising taking into account that she was attached to her phone. It was on her 24/7.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder. Leona. "Are you okay?"

I placed a kiss on her hand. "Of course."

She nuzzled her head into the nape of my neck and kept it there. I beamed and closed my eyes, trying to relax. To ease some of the tension in my neck I stretched it and massaged it slightly. Leona seemed to notice and sat up straight.

"I can massage you," she offered, gesturing for me to turn around.

"Thank you, beautiful."

Leona bit back her smile and forced me to switch into a position where she could comfortably massage my neck. Afterward, she started massaging me with my thumbs in circles. I hummed in content and allowed my eyes to shut. She kissed my neck occasionally and continued massaging me for, well, I wasn't sure.