Chapter 62-Announcing

Leona's POV
I face timed May first, bubbling with excitement. She answered, her hands covered in grease and her mouth stuffed with chips. She was seven months pregnant at this point and complained about it constantly.

"What's up?"

I showed her the ring and she slapped a hand on her mouth. "No."

"Yes," I confirmed. "She proposed to me."

She dropped the bag of chips and squeaked. "Holy shit. When?"

"Like two hours ago."

"It was about time! How are you feeling?"

"Amazing," I told her truthfully.

"If I wasn't way too comfortable and pregnant let me tell you I would be jumping up and down right now."

We talked for a while about the future wedding, the engagement, and her pregnancy before I hung up to call Zarah. She picked up quite quickly, also lying on the sofa like May had.

I showed her the ring immediately and saw her go from groggy to screaming with joy. "She proposed? Holy shit that's insane. Tell me everything."

And I did. I told her about the proposal, how I felt, if I anticipated it or not. In the end, she told me this called for a celebration and hung up. I stared at the phone, surprised she hung up out of nowhere but shrugged and walked into the bedroom where Freya was sitting. I joined her on the bed and saw she was face timing Elora and her girlfriend, Raine.

I waved and flashed them the ring. Elora beamed, as did Raine. They congratulated us both and we chatted for a while before Freya rung up Micaela. She answered shortly, sitting down in what looked like a bed, angling the camera so they could only see her forehead.

Freya furrowed her eyebrows. "Micaela? I can barely see you."

Micaela chuckled nervously and angled it down. Her makeup was smudged and she looked like a mess. Freya frowned and then gasped. I was confused for a moment until I drew the same conclusion as she had.

"Fucking hell, you just had sex, didn't you?"

It seemed like choked on air and tried to cover it up with a laugh. "No, I didn't."

"Sure. Anyhow, I don't wanna know but you could have just called me back later."

"What if it was something important?"

"It kind of is," I chimed in, showing her the ring.

She smiled happily. "You finally did it!" Micaela shouted.

A distant voice could be heard in the background, one that shocked Freya. "What happened?"

It did seem familiar. "Is that Cameron?" She exclaimed.

Micaela cowered awkwardly. "Yes?"

Freya fake gagged. "This got weirder."

A hand, I presumed was Cameron's, waved and Micaela shoved it away with a sigh. "It's not anything right now but anyway this is too weird to talk to about to my sister and I want to know about the engagement."

"Okay, yeah."

"Get out of the view I want to talk to Leona."

Freya stuck out her tongue childishly and gave me her phone. Micaela smiled brightly and bombarded me with a thousand questions. I tried answering them all but it proved to be difficult. It turned out she knew that Freya was going to propose and was waiting for the moment.

"Congrats!" Cameron shouted in the background and quickly got shooed away by Micaela.

He muttered something under his breath before the sound of a door being shut could be heard. Micaela let out a sigh and ranted about how annoying he was for a while. Nonetheless, I could tell she liked him.