CHAPTER FOUR| BONFIRE

Freya

I sighed, looking at myself in the mirror, was this even me anymore or was it just a view of a girl that my parents wanted me to be. The perfect wife. My matte red lipstick complimented the tight, knee-length dress I was wearing. It had a pretty deep v-neck, something my mother wouldn't approve of that's for sure. I decided to not straighten my hair today and keep it curly, another thing my mother wouldn't approve of.

"Hey, babe," Rowan said, wrapping his arms around my waist and taking in the scent of my strawberry perfume.

I pushed his arms of my hips before he could finish moving them to a more inappropriate spot. "Stop," I said while turning around.

"Sorry, I just can't seem to keep my hands off you lately. I can't wait to make you mine when we finally get married," he said, not even trying to hide the fact that he was looking straight down my v-neck.

"Eyes up here, mister. Keep your hands to yourself, thank you," I told him in a demanding tone, putting my index finger up close to his face.

"Damn, someones feisty today," he said, putting both his hands in front of him and backing a bit while raising his eyebrows as he looked around the room, not making eye contact.

"What's up with you lately, you're being so touchy," I asked.

"You can't blame me, I mean my own girlfriend barely wants to kiss me," he said, shrugging.

"You're usually a sweet guy and I love you but please, just don't," I told him, sighing afterwards.

"I'm sorry, I promise I will try to respect your privacy more. I love you too," he said, crossing his arms while he spoke.

"Thank you," I said, fixing my dress, making sure it looked perfect before we had to go. I put on some mascara and blush and now my look was complete. Once again I looked at myself in the big mirror filled with light-strings on the wall. I noticed that Rowan was still standing behind me, shifting his weight between his legs. He was wearing a white button-up shirt and a pair of black jeans and shoes that were also black.

"You look quite handsome," I told him, taking a sip of water from the water bottle on the makeup table.

"Well, thank you," he replied.

"We should probably go now," I said to him, turning my head towards him as I spoke which made me realize how close he had gotten. My face was only inches away from his now. I took a step back, feeling uncomfortable with how close he was.

"Yeah, we probably should," Rowan responded, leaning over to grab the car keys he put on the bed. We walked over to the door and before I was able to open the door Rowan had towered over me, opening the door before I could. I was pretty tall but compared to Rowan I was nothing. "Ladies first," he said, bowing down like an idiot. I rolled my eyes and giggled slightly as I walked out of the door towards the car.

"Who's gonna drive?," he asked, throwing the keys up and down and leaning on the car.

"You can drive," I told him.

He opened the door, sat down and started driving. The first ten minutes of the drive consisted of me looking out of the window, leaning on it and Rowan focusing on the road. I didn't really know what to say but eventually Rowan broke the silence "So, you excited for the bonfire."