Chapter 85-Another

Leona's POV
May, 39 weeks pregnant, was lying on my couch, complaining about how she wanted this baby out of her. I listened to her as I fed Joey and nodded along every now and then to seem engaged.

"I think I'm in labor," she said all of a sudden.

My eyes widened and I almost dropped Joey. In a hurry, I checked to see how she was doing until I noticed her laughing. She was messing with me, I realized, and gave her a smack on the arm.

"Not cool."

"It was just to get your attention and it worked, didn't it?"

"Congrats, you also nearly gave me a heart attack."

"Now that was just an added bonus," May said proudly, flicking her hair.

I rolled my eyes. "You're a nuisance."

"Thank you, I try my best."

Joey started crying in my arms, I cooed and rocked him so he would fall asleep as he seemed to be full enough. He yawned and closed his eyes, soon he was asleep.

"I gotta go put him in his bed, I'll be back," I whispered, standing up as quietly as I could.

Faye looked up at Joey with wide eyes, mouth hanging open. She pointed at him and said, "baby asleep," a bit too loudly. May shushed her, explaining how we had to be quiet so he wouldn't wake up. She processed the information and waddled to the couch, sitting down and putting a finger over her mouth as she shushed. I laughed silently, glad he hadn't woken up.

When I entered the nursery, I put him down carefully and sat down for a few minutes to make sure he was really asleep. After concluding he wasn't going to wake up immediately, I exited the room, shutting the door and making as little sound as possible.

I came back to see May holding her stomach and groaning. "What's going on? Are you messing with me again?"

"Forreal this time."

"Holy cow, holy cow. Should I call Edwin?"

"Tell him to come over."

I nodded and dialed his number before pressing the call. It took him a few minutes to pick up but when he did and I explained what was going on, he seemed to panic and mumbled out something along the lines of 'I'll be right there.

"Mommy? Okay, Mommy?"

"I'm fine, dear. But you're about to have a little sister in a few hours."

"Baby coming?"

"Yes, sweetie. Baby coming."

***

Edwin was there half an hour later. He rushed into the room and kneeled down next to May. She swatted him away, he rolled his eyes but sat down next to her instead, keeping his distance. I wasn't entirely sure why May was always so annoyed with him. Something about him always got on her nerves, despite having two kids together. I just hoped they would figure it out so their children wouldn't be affected by it.

"Daddy!" Faye exclaimed, running into his arms that had opened.

He picked her up, twirling her around, then he tickled her, earning loud laughter from her. I smiled, regardless of May's opinion of him, he made a great father, and Faye and him were adorable together.

"Baby coming! Baby coming!" Faye repeated, clapping her hands excitedly.

Edwin chuckled. "Yes, she is. Are you excited for your little sister to arrive?"