Chapter 61-Surprises

*mentions of sexual assault*

Also, I feel the need to apologize for the amount of time skips this story has

Freya's POV
Livid. Guilty. Sad.

Fuck.

I cradled Leona in my arms, pulling her as close as possible. It was 8 am and I hadn't slept a wink. I shouldn't have left her alone. He was acting weird and I let myself fall asleep thinking it would be okay. So fucking stupid. I'd whispered to Elio to keep an eye out but he must have believed she was with me when she didn't come back.

A tear fell on Leona's cheek and I wiped it away. I hadn't realized I was crying. We had barely spoken, after she cried in my arms she fell asleep not long after.

Leona shifted positions and let out a yawn, I smiled gently and let her sit up. She leaned into me and moved my arms so they were around her again. I held her tightly and placed a kiss on the top of her head.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm sorry."

I was shocked and let go of her for a brief second. She looked away shamefully, her eyes settling on the wall next to us. I wrapped my arms around her, not knowing what to say.

"Why are you sorry?"

"I should have told you. I shouldn't have let him touch me."

My heart shattered. "No, it wasn't your fault in any shape or form. Even though it may feel like it, it was neither of our faults. The only to blame is that disgusting man. Do you want to report him?"

She shook her head immediately. "There's no evidence, even if I did want to. Besides, it wasn't even that bad, right?"

"There's no use in thinking it could have been worse. It fucked up, even it didn't go further it doesn't take away from that. And we don't know what he's done to other people or will do."

"I don't know, but I can't right now."

"That's okay."

"How's his girlfriend? I forget her name. Do you know what happened?"

I nodded. Cleo had called me later to inform me she broke up with him and that she would testify if she wanted to report him. She also apologized, in spite of it being far from her fault. I told Leona this.

"Okay. I think I'll be fine, yeah. Can you just not let go of me? Please. You make me feel safe."

"Of course, I'm here for you."

"Always, right?"

"Always. You're never getting rid of me."

"And you're never getting rid of me. I love you, beautiful. You're so fucking amazing."

"As are you," I said, kissing her softly on the lips.

***

Leona had started going to therapy not long after graduation night. She had been hesitant to at first, but eventually realized it might help her to talk about the sexual assault as well as the trauma of losing her twin sister a few years ago. I was proud of her for it. Deciding to reach for help is a difficult choice and I supported her each step along the way.

A few months later I was officially a licensed therapist. Which was a great cause for a celebration. I was also planning something huge. And I was sickeningly nervous.

She came out of the room wearing a long purple yam cowl neck dress with a slit reaching up to dangerously high and a pair of white high heels. Meanwhile, I wore a long v-neck red velvet dress with an open back, the skirt was loose while the top was tighter. We both looked marvelous.