Chapter 15-Jealousy

Math. The class most people hate, personally I actually think it can be fun, I like it. It's challenging and I like challenges. Plus, I'm good at it, which is obviously a huge bonus. In high school people would call me a nerd for it. God, I hated high school and all the stupid, childish drama that came with it. It was fun at times but mostly it was just hell disguised as a school. I'm sorry, Britney, does it look like I give a shit about your stupid 6 feet tall, stereotypical bad boy boyfriend that probably ended up cheating on you, no, I don't. Based on a true story, I ended up dating her best friend, the look on her face was priceless as we announced we were together. Sadly, her name wasn't Britney, it was Zarah but still just as funny. I giggled to myself, thinking back to the memories, earning a couple of stares that I ignored.

Anyways, math soon ended so I stepped out of the classroom and started walking, I held the straps of my backpack while I walked. It was then I felt my phone vibrate, I opened the pocket of my denim-jacket and grabbed it to see who it was. Layla popped up on the screen.

Layla
Hey, sis. Ew, no remind me to never type sis again because I think I actually just physically cringed typing that. Anywayyyy, can you come to the hospital whenever you have time, I miss you and Ik you are busy but I met this guy and I'm dying to tell you about him and I'm not about to do that over phone when I can have an excuse to meet you. Text me back asap!!

I giggled and replied.

Leona
How about this weekend? I always have time for my sister :)

I knew she hated the smiley and that's exactly why I typed it.

Layla
Okayy, see you soon. PS: You know I hate :)

Leona
I know :)

Layla
Bye.

I spammed her with :) a couple of times before putting my phone in my pocket and continuing walking. After two minutes or so of walking I noticed a familiar face, Freya. I was just about to greet her when I saw Rowan. She pulled him into a hug and I couldn't pull my eyes away from the sight in front of me. A knot formed in my stomach and I felt a sudden rush of something, jealousy? But I barely knew her, I couldn't possibly be jealous because of a girl I've known for a couple of weeks who probably is straight and has a boyfriend. There was just something about seeing him kiss her that just made me uncomfortable.

What the fuck am I thinking? I'm not jealous. It was then she noticed me. She squinted her eyes, probably to see if it was me. I cursed to myself and for some reason I ran. It was stupid, I'm stupid, what the fuck was I thinking, now she's gonna think I'm weird. But my legs just couldn't seem to stop moving. So I pushed myself through the crowd of people standing in front of a classroom and just ran and ran. Before I knew it I hit someone, forcing me to stop. Ouch.

"Shit, I'm sorry," I stuttered, I looked to see who it was, you wouldn't believe who it was, Zarah. For a second I thought I was imagining things, I knew she went to this college but I didn't expect to ever see her except for in that one class we had together, but she always sat in the front so I didn't talk to her. Did I die and enter high school again? What kind of high school bullshit is this. She changed a lot. Her hair was a dark blue colour instead of platinium blonde and she let her long, wavy hair lay on her shoulders instead of wearing it in a ponytail now, she was wearing blue eyeshadow and had on a pair of too big dangling hoop earrings. She was wearing a lace crop top with a black leather jacket and some black, ripped jeans. On her feet she had on a pair of black boots. In high school she would always be seen wearing sneakers and brightly coloured clothes that probably went against the dress code but no one seemed to care. I guess people really do change.

"If it isn't Leona, it's been a couple of years," she replied, smiling brightly with her pearly-white, perfectly straight teeth. I gave her a faint smile while pressing my lips together and raising my eyebrows a little in response as I nodded.