Chapter 30-Family

Freya's pov

Tw: homophobia, homophobic slurs, mental and physical abuse

"So, how have you been?" Wren asked me when we sat down on the couch.

"Fine," I answered with a shrug.

"That doesn't reveal a lot. How was the wedding? I'm so sorry I couldn't make it," he apologized.

"It's okay, really. You couldn't help it. The wedding was alright."

"It was your wedding day, it should have been more than just alright," Wren said, his eyebrows furrowed.

I sighed. Contemplating how much I should reveal. I could trust Wren. Also, I needed to talk to someone. Like really needed to. So I explained everything, and by everything, I meant everything. From how I felt about Rowan to how I felt about Leona to the miscarriage and everything. It ended with him embracing me, which was really all I craved at that moment.

"I'm glad you trust me, Freya. I know it's hard but you're letting Jolene win by allowing her to control you like this. She only holds power of you because you let her," he explained.

"I'm not risking my education," I justified.

"And I get that. But this isn't fair to Rowan or you no matter how much that guy gets on my nerves." I smacked him on the arm for that comment and he chuckled. "It's true."

"I know you're right," I admitted. "I'm just scared."

"It's okay to be scared, Freya. Don't let it control you."

I nodded, already knowing this but it felt more real to hear it from someone. He was right. However, I was a coward.

"So, what's been going on with you?" I asked, changing the topic but genuinely curious.

"Actually," he paused and leaned further into the couch, "there is something I wanted to talk to you about."

"What is it?"

He didn't get a chance to say something because we were interrupted by both my sisters entering the livingroom. Unsurprisingly, my brother was still in his room or outside with his friends.

"Hey, Freya," Elora greeted with a polite smile.

Elora was basically a stranger to me. We rarely talked, not because I didn't make an effort but because I could tell she wasn't very fond of me. She didn't like me, despite not showing it like Mom, it was quite apparent to everyone. Micaela was the only sibling I actually liked. I regretted not speaking to her more, it wasn't her fault that our family sucked.

"It's nice to see you," I lied and turned towards Micaela. "No hug?"

She snickered and ran over to hug me tightly. "How's my little sister been?"

"Okay, it's never really good when you live in a house full of morons." She spoke loud enough for Elora to hear her, albeit, I believe that was her intention. Elora huffed in response and began setting the table.

"Bitch," Micaela mumbled under her breath and rolled her eyes.

"Hey, don't call her that," I scolded.

"Your sister is right, Micaela," Wren cut in.

"You know it's true." She had a point.

"Where's the devil. Oops, I meant Kalen," I corrected jokingly with a smirk.

"Hypocrite," she argued.

We talked for a while, catching up on what's been going on considering there wasn't much time to catch up at the wedding. I told her about college, though I didn't have the guts to tell her everything I told Wren.