Chapter 75-Home

Leona's POV
I groaned, falling back on the mattress dramatically. Freya rolled her eyes and packed up the last things. She offered me her hand but I continued lying down. Not wanting this trip to be over and have to go back home to all our responsibilities.

We'd been away from home for twelve days now, going from Lisbon, Portugal to Bordeaux, France and then we had rented a small house near the beach in Spain for the remaining days. It was quite an expensive trip but my parents had helped with the costs of the wedding, assuring me a million times that it was fine and they wanted me to have my dream wedding. I couldn't have asked for better parents.

"Get up you baby, we have to be out of here before 10 am."

"You're mean."

"Says you."

"I'm not-"

She put up a hand to silently ask me to shut up. "I'm getting déja vu from this repetitive bickering about who's mean and who's not."

Finally succumbing to her wishes, I sat up, sighing deeply so she would know how disappointed I was that we had to leave. She simply huffed and grabbed her purse, tossing it over her shoulder. I copied her action by grabbing my own purse and packed up the remaining of my things.

"Finally, let's go," she said, practically dragging me out of the house.

I gazed longingly at the beach. "Bye, bye, beach."

I knew it was going to be a long trip and I was far from ready. It didn't help that I had fallen asleep around 2 am and Freya had aggressively woken me up at 7 am. Which was far from enough sleep to make it through the day.

"At times like this, I wish teleportation existed," I said, imagining how much easier life would be.

"Stop complaining, the bus stop isn't far away and the airport is only two hours away then we have to wait an additional two hours for the airplane then it's around a ten-hour long flight. Then we'll take the train home which takes like an hour or so and bam, we're home, after an additional short bus trip. We'll be home in like sixteen hours, fifteen if we're extremely lucky but I highly doubt it. You know, I see your point, that is a lot."

"That's like two-thirds of a day, we'll be home in the middle of the night or early morning!"

"Complaining won't make it go by faster."

"Ugh, I hate it when you make sense."

Freya snickered, taking my hand into hers and entwining our fingers. I bit back a smile at the feeling of her soft hand in mine. She glanced over at me, beaming.

"You're so easy to shut up."

"Fuck off. You're taking advantage of how much control you have over me."

"Yeah?" She stopped to kiss my hand and I blushed. "You do the same."

When she saw me avert my gaze, she grabbed my chin, making me look into her eyes, then kissed me. Drawing back in mere seconds. I groaned, letting go of her hands.

"Glad to know you're still hopelessly in love with me," she said.

Oh, I was not letting her get away with this. I grabbed her waist, twirling her around so she was facing me then leaned in closer, kissing her up the neck. She drew me closer, I placed a kiss on her jaw then edged up closer and hovered just above her lips. Right before she could press her lips against mine, I pulled away. Smirking wildly when I noticed the disappointment etched on her face.