↠ 53

Emotions were going haywire at the moment. Were you happy? Nervous and excited? There were some that you couldn't identify at the moment. You were standing in front of a nice looking home. You had just gotten off of work and had given an excuse to Taehyung about needing to stay a little bit after work. You just gave him permission to buy dinner for tonight and that perked up the snake hybrid.

You simply had to take a few blocks to the east where you could tell this was a recently developed neighborhood. You had passed by a couple of shops and even some homes. Now here you were examining the house. It was only a two story and had the most lush grass you ever saw. You took a look at your phone and saw the conversation you had with the realtor about meeting today at the house. Minutes passed and a car pulled up. A woman in professional attire stepped out and greeted you. "Hello! You must be Y/N?" She politely greeted.

"Yeah, you're Yuna?"

"Yep. Are you ready to see inside?" She asked to which you nodded your head. Yuna led you up the small porch and unlocked it with a key. She opened the door and gestured for you to step inside. You were greeted by a spacious open concept living room. Large windows that showed the front and side. That's where Yoongi would take his nap, you figured. Yuna then led you over to the kitchen and explained how it would be a chef's dream.

And she was right. White countertops and navy cabinets and you could easily picture Jin making something in here. Towards the back was another area and the staircase. Next to the staircase was a door that led to a half bath and maybe you were really saved that the house did come with it. You could finally at least use one without Taehyung or Jin spraying hairspray in your face. "This is the family room."

The next part of the tour was upstairs. There were three bedrooms, one of them being the master bedroom, and a guest bathroom as well. Of course the master had the master bathroom attached and now you could definitely see Taehyung sleeping in the tub when it would be summer. Back downstairs there was a somewhat small backyard but you thought it was perfect. You could definitely hang outside.

"Can I make an offer?" You asked hopefully. It was the one. You could see everyone living here together.

Yuna nodded her head. "Sure! I'll send it over to the owner and get back to you when they reply."

With saying goodbye, you could almost skip home. You would be buying your first house! And you get to have all your hybrids enjoy it with so much room. It was so exciting and you would be waiting impatiently for the owner to say yes! Good thing when you first moved out on your own, you cut corners and kept your savings account untouched. It was tempting to dig into but somehow your younger self managed to get through and get a well paying job.

For now though, you would not be telling your hybrids about it. You didn't want to see them disappointed when you didn't get the house. You unlocked your apartment door and was immediately greeted by the chorus of "welcome back!" At least your neighbors wouldn't have to hear all this noise anymore. The rest of the night, you spent the whole night expecting your phone to get a call from the realtor.

"Uh, Y/N?" Seokjin hesitantly asked as you glanced at your phone when it lit up with a notification. It was only a game notification. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." You were too obvious so you called it a night and joined the hybrids for a game of Uno. Jungkook developed an unhealthy obsession with the game and you weren't even sure how or why. The night ended with Jungkook winning most of the rounds and loud shouts about how he cheated.

It's been two days and you were impatient! You tapped on the keyboard of your computer as you thought about sending another email asking about the house. You didn't know how to word it at the moment. Your tapping caused Wendy to peek around the corner of your cubicle. "I will try to break your finger if you keep tapping it."

"I'm sorry." You pulled your hand away from the keyboard. "I'm just thinking."

"Haven't gotten an answer yet?" Wendy asked. She knew that you placed an offer and were waiting for either the best or worst answer.

"Yeah. I need to send an appropriate message without meaning it to be forceful."

Wendy shrugged her shoulder. "Wait for like another hour before you send anything."

You were about to respond when your phone lit up with a call from the realtor. You internally screamed and debated where to go. Wendy gave you a look that clearly read: "I don't know where." So you hurriedly went to the stairwell of the building. Taking a couple of deep breaths, you answered the call. In the best professional voice, you answered with a "hello?"

"Hello, Y/N!" Yuna cheerfully greeted you. "How was your day?"

"Good and yours?" You politely responded but you were dying to hear what she had to say.

"Great. Now about the offer you submitted..." She trailed off and you could hear a few clicks of the computer. You nervously bit the inside of your cheek, waiting for the answer. "And the owner has accepted! You can come by my office to sign off the papers."

You almost died at the excitement. "Really?!" You kept in the excited scream that you wanted to release. "I'll be there after five then."

"Alright, see you then." With a parting of goodbyes, you stared at the screen of your phone. It took a moment to process the whole thing and once it did you let out an excited scream. Sadly, you were not alone as the poor intern who climbed up the stairs almost fell down. The intern looked at you with a scared look. You flushed with embarrassment and apologized before dashing off to tell Wendy. The intern debated if they wanted to work here or not.

Signing off the papers and getting the key to your new house felt like a fever dream. You kept the key in a safe place in your bag. Grinning the entire way, you told Taehyung to go home straight after work. You picked up a celebratory dinner and you were so excited to tell them! Unlocking the apartment door, you startled the hybrids when the door hit the wall.

The hybrids confusingly watched as you set down (what it looked like to them) a whole buffet. You turned to all of them, shouting for Namjoon to come out of the shower. The mountain lion came out a few minutes later, his hair still wet as he tried drying it off right in the kitchen. "I have some big news!" You smiled.

"What news?" Jimin tilted his head.

"We're moving to a new house!" You got the shiny, new key out to your house. Like it was the perfect moment, you held it up underneath the apartment light and it blinded the hybrids for a brief moment.

"We're moving?!" They said it all at the same time in unison which made you slightly scared. Then Seokjin frowned and threw his plastic cup at the ground. "You made me put that up to be perfect-" He pointed at the painting. "And now we're moving?!"

You gave him a sheepish smile. "I'm sorry. Come here, I still love you." He begrudgingly went over to you and you gave him a hug. That managed to soothe the falcon hybrid and lucky for everyone, it was the weekend. It was time to start packing!