↠ 25

"Should we also make some kimchi?" Seokjin asked as his eyes looked over the garlic and spring onions.

"If that's what you want." You said, your grip adjusting on the cart. Lately, you had realized Seokjin was making some types of food in the kitchen when you were at work and he wanted to expand some of his knowledge.

Seokjin smiled and looked for his perfect vegetables to make for dinner. Your eyes glanced around, looking for one of your other hybrids. Nope, they were still somewhere in the store. All you could hope was that they were behaving well. Jimin had come by earlier to place some popsicles in the cart and dashed off to find the other two.

As you waited for Jin to pick out the best vegetables, you noticed a girl staring at him. Confused, you raised an eyebrow as she blushed faintly. From here, you could barely make out the small ears on top of her head. Another hybrid?

Still, Jin didn't even notice her stare. You guessed the female hybrid was hyping herself up as she looked like she was giving herself a pep talk. Then she walked over and shyly tapped Jin's arm.

Jin looked up, his piercing gaze trapping the female hybrid in her spot. "Um... hi! I thought you were really cute..."

"Ok. Thanks." Jin immediately dismissed her and turned his attention back on the vegetables in front of him.

You almost choked on air. You would expect a reaction like that from Yoongi but not from Seokjin!

"O-Oh." The female hybrid nervously stuttered. She obviously looked flustered. "I thought you were really cute and I wanted to know if you had a partner."

Jin finally gathered his vegetables and looked at the hybrid. "I already have one." He turned and walked towards you and placed the stuff in the cart. In one movement, he tangled his arms around you and buried his head into your hair.

He literally could have just said that he wasn't interested.

You sighed to yourself and the female hybrid lightly frowned. "S-She's your partner?" Her little ears drooped and her fluffy tail hung down.

"Yes." Seokjin frowned. "All mine."

The female hybrid nodded shyly and dashed away, most likely looking for her caretaker. "You didn't have to be so rude." You said.

Seokjin still didn't let go and shrugged a shoulder. "Sometimes they push their boundaries. Besides, you are mine, right?" You could feel his lips twitch into a smile.

Releasing another sigh, you replied. "Please tell me you're not in heat right now."

"No." Jin responded after a moment. "Why? Did you want to mate right now? Because I would-"

"Oh my gosh!" You turned around in his grasp and poked his forehead. Jin let go and slightly frowned. "You probably are going into heat." You muttered to yourself at the bold falcon hybrid. It had to be. This wasn't how Jin acted.

"But I'm not." Jin replied, feeling a bit sad.

"Sorry." You rubbed his forehead. "Did I poke you too hard?"

Jin shook his head and you ran your fingers through his fluffy hair. Now that you did, underneath the fluorescent lights of the store, you could faintly see a couple of feathers at the nape of his neck

Huh. Did you need to change your light bulbs?

Jin happily smiled and hummed at your touch. You pulled away and took another look at the list on your phone. "Ok, I think I got everything I need. Let's go find the others." You pushed the cart with a very happy Jin following you.

You wished that you could disappear right now. How could this happen?

On the other side of the store, you managed to find the other three. There was just one problem. The display of food samples were knocked over and some cans were on the floor. "Don't tell me that they did this..." You could only hope and tried to escape the scene when you heard someone yell your name.

"Y/N!" Jimin spotted you and the other customers in the store turned to look at you.

Oh no.

Yoongi's eyes locked onto yours and he quickly made his way over. There was just another problem. Jungkook was in a staring contest with a stranger. Both their bodies were tense and you were suddenly afraid for the rabbit hybrid.

Except, Jungkook wasn't at all fazed. His doe eyes stared down at his opponent and his little tail would twitch every once in a while.

Everything was a mess and you could feel the attention on you as the staff worker just sent you a look. Embarrassed, you apologized to the poor worker. Sighing to yourself for probably the tenth time today, you called out your two hybrids. "Jimin! Jungkook!"

At once, Jimin went over to you, a sparkle in his eyes while Jungkook remained there.

"Jungkook!" You shouted to catch his attention in case he didn't hear. Well he didn't, so you went over there. As you came closer, you could now see the unknown hybrid clearly. He was rather tall, a messy mop of very light brown hair and a rather large tail flickering in anger or annoyance.

You didn't know which one and slightly hoped it was the latter.

So, you grabbed Jungkook's hand that made him jump and break out of staring from the hybrid. The unknown hybrid glanced at you, his dark brown eyes made you fearful for whatever the rabbit hybrid that was literally challenging another hybrid.

"We're going to check out." You said to Jungkook and turned your focus back on the unknown hybrid. "Sorry about him bugging you." That made the unknown hybrid stop his flicking tail as the annoyed look on his face disappeared entirely. "Have a good day." You apologized and dragged the rabbit hybrid back to the cart.

Like a miracle, you managed to get everyone to the checkout line. Though you did have to keep Jimin and Jungkook away from the candy. In their defense, they said it looked colorful. Now here you were, walking back to your apartment. All your hybrids happily grabbed a bag to help you and talked excitedly about going to the market again.

If the staff workers had enough of you.