↠ 5

At last, you and Jimin made it out of the apartment complex. Before you left, you made sure Jimin had his collar on tightly. It made you feel weird that having a collar around his neck was like stripping him of his humanity. Though, you had it do it or else workers would try and take him to a shelter.

Jimin didn't seem to mind as he wore his black collar that had a silver tag that displayed he was under ownership under you. As you two were walking, you could see Jimin looking at everything excitedly.

For the past few days, he was cooped up all day in the house.

You two walked to the park and were waiting to cross the street. Jimin was casually holding your hand out of excitement. You could feel his gaze wandering everywhere and he sometimes stared at other hybrids. The light signaled to cross and you simply pulled Jimin along. You two neared the ice cream shop. Jimin looked at it in wonder. "They have shops for this?"

"Uh, yeah they do." You replied.

"Oh. My previous owner never told me about anything only that I was supposed to listen..." He mumbled quietly.

Your heart dropped a little. How could they not have let him experience the world? "Come on." You smiled at him. "Let's get you something, ok?" Jimin nodded and followed behind you as you two entered the building. You two stood in line and Jimin was slightly uncomfortable. He was sticking to you like glue and his eyes were looking at the other humans and the few hybrids that were here.

"Did you want anything specific, Jimin?" You asked him.

He tilted his head and looked at the giant menu board above the counter. His eyes darted everywhere across it. "Um, that one says va... va... nila?" He struggled.

Your breath left in your throat as you realized it. Did his previous owners not teach him anything? "Is that what you want?"

Jimin nodded unsurely. "Is that the one with the white cream?"

"Yes it is." You smiled at him.

Jimin happily nodded. "I like that one."

Now you two were at the front. The employee ushered you to come up and now you were at the counter. "One medium vanilla cone and medium shake please." You took out your wallet which meant you had to let go of Jimin's hand for a second. He whined a bit as you gave your money to the cashier.

Giving you a receipt with the order number on it, you put away your wallet and grabbed Jimin's hand again. You two went over to an unoccupied table and sat down. He was still looking at everyone and then focused his attention on you. "Why do we have to wait?"

"They're making the ice cream. We have to wait a little bit for it."

Jimin nodded once and went back to looking around. Then his gaze traveled to the menu. "Those are called words right?"

"Yeah... Did-"

He cut you off before you could even ask. "Can you teach me to read?" Jimin asked with puppy dog eyes. "Please? I want to learn how to read."

How could you even say no to that adorable face? "Of course I will, Jimin." The biggest smile came across his face.

An employee called out your order number and you went to go grab it. Jimin followed you just like the lost puppy he is. Suggesting that you two will eat it outside, the pair of you walked outside. Jimin still looked uncomfortable around that many people. You went to a nearby bench that was facing the park. You two took a seat and gave Jimin his cone of vanilla ice cream.

He took a small little sniff at the cone then at the ice cream. Experimentally, Jimin licked the ice cream. A look of joy came across his face. "This is good!"

"Be careful and-"

It was too late.

He bit a chunk of ice cream.

He whimpered a bit and shook his head in an annoyed manner. "It hurts..."

You gently patted his head. "Be careful eating it. Take licks instead."

Jimin nodded happily and followed your advice. This time, he took licks instead of biting it and he had the sweetest smile on his face. He was literally the most adorable thing you saw. You just wanted to cry then and there.

The two of you in silence for a bit and you just finished your delicious treats. Turning to see if Jimin was finished, you let out a laugh. On the tip of his nose and the corners of his mouth were covered in ice cream. He did finish but he was just messy.

Grabbing the napkin that used to hold the cone, you wiped off the food from his face. Jimin blinked in confusion and he was just staring right into your eyes. After making sure he didn't have anymore on his face, you poked his nose. "You're a messy eater, aren't you?"

Jimin pouted with a light blush on his cheeks. "No, I'm not."

"Sure. Let me go throw this away. Stay here." You also got the other napkin from his hands and walked away to throw it in a nearby trash can.

Jimin watched you walk away like a hawk. His ear twitched as he heard a rustle nearby. He turned to see a pair of beady eyes just staring at him. They were in the bush that sat a couple feet away from the bench. The beady eyes came closer to the edge of the bush and now he could see that the doe eyes and a rabbit ear slightly peeking.. Jimin tilted his head in confusion. 'What animal is that?'

He tore his gaze away when he heard someone walking. It was you. He smiled again and got up in one move. "Where are we going next?" He excitedly asked.

"Hm, where do you want to go?" You asked him.

Jimin thought for a moment. "What's the place where they sell different things?"

"You mean a store?"

"Yes!"

"Let's go to the mall then." You held out your hand and Jimin took it. You began to lead him away but Jimin took a moment to glance back to see that the animal had its whole head out. It looked sort of cute. He wanted to go back and say hi or something but he wanted to be with you more.