↠ 10

You were probably still dreaming when you thought you can handle two hybrids.

You blamed it on that.

Here you stood in the entrance of your kitchen with a deadpan expression on your face at the two hybrids. Jimin was holding his plate of waffles away from Seokjin, while the falcon was trying to convince the corgi that the waffles were for everyone. It didn't stop there. There was a bit of batter splattered when Jimin literally tried eating the unmade waffles.

"This better be cleaned up when I get back home." You spoke up.

The boys immediately stopped. "I was just trying to make you waffles but this one decided not to." Seokjin said and glared at the corgi.

You sighed and decided to go to work. You slipped on some comfortable shoes and grabbed your keys. "I better not see the apartment burned down or anything!" You yelled out, closed the door and locked it. Then you started on your way to work.

Looks like you were definitely dreaming when you said that you could take care of two hybrids.

Arriving at work, you sat down and blankly looked at the computer. You quickly turned it on and watched it boot up. Wendy peeked around the corner of her cubicle and raised an eyebrow. "You okay there?"

"Maybe." You replied back, typing in your password.

"What do you mean maybe?" Wendy asked, confusion lining her face.

"I took in another hybrid." You turned to face her.

Her eyes widened slightly in surprise. "Really? Another one? I thought you were just fine with one."

"I know but I couldn't just say no and-"

She laughed, trying to keep quiet. "I understand. I'm thinking of getting another one, but maybe later. What kind?"

"A falcon."

"Damn. You're getting pretty exotic with hybrids, aren't ya?"

"Honestly, I think I am." You joked along with her.

Wendy shook her head in a joking "disappointing" manner. "Well, why don't we go out to lunch? That'll clear your mind, huh?"

"Sure sounds good." You confirmed the plans.

Wendy nodded. "Just don't die until lunch." She disappeared into her cubicle.

"Watch me." You responded back and turned to your computer. You clicked away on the computer, looking at the tasks you needed to do today. With stretching your entire body, you set off to work.

"Geez," Wendy placed the fast food trays on the table. "You were like a bunny on drugs. You almost finished everything today." She took a seat across from you.

"Please don't remind me." You rubbed your hands together in hopes of relieving the pain. "I don't even know why I almost finished everything."

Your friend only shrugged. "Don't know. Can you also do my work too?" She ate a couple of fries.

"I will literally toss your chicken nuggets in the trash." You said and unwrapped your burger.

"Wow, violent much?" Wendy joked and scooted her chicken nuggets away from you.

The two of you had decided to go to a fast food place. She wanted the nuggets that were a good deal and in all honesty, you just wanted a burger from anywhere. You guys were chatting about different things. How work was piling up more than usual, how the hybrids were and the embarrassing discussion of Wendy asking if you took Jimin to the vet.

"Yes." You ate a fry. "It ended with me bribing him to go in the office." You took more fries from the carton.

She laughed. "That's what I had to do with Irene too. Though I'm sure Jimin was more difficult. Are you taking the new hybrid soon?"

She reminded you again.

"I forgot. I'll take him later this week." You sighed and finished off your burger with one last bite.

"Good. Who knows when his heat might come soon. What was his name again?" She asked while drinking.

"Seokjin." You replied and crumpled up the wrapper.

"Are you just going to name all your hybrids from your show?"

"Yes."

She playfully rolled her eyes and then her eyes widened. "Oh no. I forgot I was supposed to go give Dowoon the money back."

"Huh?"

"Do you mind if we stop by the shelter and I give him the money? I almost forgot and he's going to be bugging me all week for the last time." She hurriedly explain, finishing off the last of her fries.

"Sure. We still have an hour left." You said, gathered up your things and stood up. Wendy did the same and threw away the trash and you did the same, leaving the trays on top of the trash can.

"Let's go." Wendy said and the two of you walked to the shelter.

Immediately upon arriving, you were greeted by a bunch of noises. A lady looked up to the front. You recognized her from the one time where you thought you were giving up Jimin. "How can I help you?" She asked with a smile.

"Hi," Wendy began. "Is Dowoon here?"

The lady nodded. "Yes, one moment." She disappeared into the back room and returned with Dowoon.

"What are you guys doing here?" Dowoon asked with a knowing smile on his face.

"The money. I almost forgot to repay you." Wendy muttered and gave him money.

Dowoon took it and stuffed it in his pocket. "Thanks, who knows what you would have done if I never bought the last book on sale. And it only took you five months to repay me that other time."

"How dare you bring that up." Wendy said with a guilty expression.

All three of you laughed until Dowoon turned to you with an innocent expression. "You know..."

"I already have two!" You interjected.

"When did that happen?" Dowoon asked with a confused look.

"Yesterday." You answered.

"Ok, but is that one a cat hybrid?" Dowoon questioned.

"No...? What are you trying to say?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Well, we just had a cat hybrid come yesterday evening... so maybe...?" He trailed off, trying to leave a hint of what he was trying to say.

"I can't though-"

"At least look at him? He's a little angry at almost everyone and you're good with cat hybrids." Dowoon pleaded.

You turned to Wendy, trying to give her the hint of leaving. She shrugged a shoulder. "We still got time. I don't see why not, plus I may adopt another one in a few weeks anyway."

You sighed as Dowoon cheered to himself. "Please follow me!" He gestured to a door next to the counter that had a sign saying "Adopt a Hybrid Today!" The three of you went past the door only to see lots of cages. They were large cages that went from floor to ceiling. Dowoon kept on going and the two of you followed.

You saw different types of hybrids. Some of them were in their human form while others were in their animal forms. Most of them were dogs, birds or even exotic animals. The cages even housed mice, rabbits and other small animals but their cages were glass instead of the chain link fronts. You kept going down the line until you stopped in front of one.

Inside the cage was a dark gray cat. The animal was curled up in the far corner of the cage and didn't move a muscle when you neared the cage.

"Hey buddy, why don't you greet your guests?" Dowoon softly called out.

The cat lifted up its head and its brown eyes locked onto yours.