↠ 12

You still kept on eating (and was almost finished) while Jimin clinged onto you, trying to figure out why a weird scent was on his owner. Meanwhile, Seokjin ate along beside you. Ah, Jin just reminded you of something. Well, since he was very mature, he wouldn't mind if you explained to him, right?

"Hey Jin." You called out.

He lifted his head up, his hand halfway to his mouth. "Yes?"

"Do you mind going with me to the vet's tomorrow?" You gently asked. You could feel Jimin stiffen once he heard you say vet.

Seokjin nodded once in understanding. "I don't mind at all. I understand."

You smiled at him. "Thank you, I'll get you a reward tomorrow."

Seokjin's eyes lit up and he smiled. Meanwhile Jimin whined. "I want to go and a reward too, Y/N."

"Jimin, you went to the vet already."

He was quiet for a moment, probably thinking about the needles. "Nevermind, I don't want to go."

Afterwards, you were just watching TV, Jimin on your left and Seokjin on your right. Jimin had his head in your lap while Jin's head was leaning on your shoulder. His soft hair casually brushed your cheek every now and then. Jimin was sleeping as you stroked his fluffy hair and you casually held Jin's hand.

His fingers were sometimes tracing your hand. It was sweet.

"Thank you." Seokjin suddenly said.

"Hm? For what?" You asked, turning your head a bit to see his expression.

Jin averted his gaze, opting to look down at his hands. "For taking me in. It's just, I didn't think that you would and I feel like I'm just a burden and-"

"Hey, hey." You softly said. "It's ok. This is your home now, so don't worry about that."

Jin pulled away to look right at you. "Thank you. I thought I wouldn't get another chance." Suddenly, he buried his head in the crook of your neck, rubbing his head against your skin. It sort of tickled as his hair brushed against your skin.

You stifled your laughter in fear of Jimin waking up. "That tickles."

Jin froze for a moment before he pulled away with a blush on his cheeks. "Uh, s-sorry about that."

You tilted your head in confusion. "What do you mean? What were you doing?"

Seokjin averted his gaze away, still with the blush. "Um, I just got really happy and was rubbing my scent on you."

"Oh." You paused for a second, thinking what it could mean. Is that how hybrids show their affection? You tried recalling back to your childhood hybrids but didn't remember doing that ever. Unless it was for males. "Why do you need to rub a scent then?"

Seokjin finally looked at you, his blush was gone, but the tips of his ears were red. "Well, I think that male hybrids are more protective of their, uh,  mates so we need to rub our scent to scare away competition."

"Mate?" Your ears picked up on that word, thinking about werewolves and things like that.

"Um, yeah. You know a male has a female mate for offspring so..." Seokjin trailed off, fidgeting with the hem of his shirt. "I'm sorry, I acted like that. My hormones are probably acting up."

"Ah, it's okay." You definitely need to take him to the vet tomorrow. "It's just in your nature. Have you taken any of the supplements?"

Seokjin stayed quiet for a moment, trying to think. "I know I have but I think that was a while ago. My previous owners didn't give me anymore for the last few months so I was using the other alternate method and the government didn't care so I suffered for that."

You thought about it as Jin said other alternate. So, they didn't give Jin any shots and he was resorted to the other route.

"It was a young female." Jin said, tilting his head as he read your facial expression. "She was only nineteen and I scared her off when I did that. That's why I was under the government."

Your eyes widened slightly. "What? Did she do that?"

Seokjin nodded once as his eyes started to water a bit. "Yeah. She wanted to try that and-"

You interrupted by reaching out a hand and rubbed his head in a comforting way. "It's alright, let's not talk about that, ok?"

Jin smiled a bit as he hugged you tightly. With both of your arms, you hugged him back. The falcon hybrid snuggled into your embrace and whispered another "thank you."

Half an hour later, you woke up Jimin and told both the hybrids that you were going to sleep. Once you emerged from the bathroom, where you had changed into some pajamas, you found the hybrids in their animal form glaring at each other.

Seokjin was on your headboard, his wings slightly splayed and his beak a bit parted. Jimin was growling and baring his teeth as well his hackles were raised.

"What's going on?" You angrily said.

Both animals flinched as they turned their heads to you. Jin folded his wings and chirped like a bird. Jimin immediately sat and tilted his head, showing off his puppy eyes.

"Don't you dare use your puppy eyes." You accused Jimin who just replied with a bark. "Both of you guys needs to be nice with each other."

Jimin and Jin looked at each other then looked away. Forgiving them for now, you crawled into bed. Jimin immediately took his place right by your side while Jin stayed in the same spot. Closing your eyes, you went to sleep.

The next morning, you were getting ready for work. Jin just made you a pancake while Jimin was eagerly eating his. You gathered a few papers that you needed today for a client about the deal with your marketing company. You were still eating your breakfast and was almost done with it. Curious as ever, Jimin looked at your paper. "What does this say?"

"Ah, nothing that important Jimin." You ran your hand through his hair.

Jimin pouted. "Does this say your name?" He pointed at a box on the paper that displayed your name, your boss and another coworker who was working on the project. Though he was more specifically pointing at yours.

"Yes it does."

Jimin stayed quiet for a moment while you wanted to hit yourself in the head. You realized you haven't been able to teach Jimin at reading. Seokjin, who was staying quiet the whole time and watching, spoke up. "I can try and help teach him."

"Will you?" You asked with hope to which Jin nodded. "Thank you! And remember that we're going to the vet today."

Seokjin nodded. Feeling extremely happy today, you kissed both of them on the cheek. "Be good you guys! I'll be back later!" Then grabbing your work and keys, you headed out. Jimin was a blushing mess while Jin stood there with a shocked expression on his face though the tips of his ears were red.

Finally the hybrids snapped out of the trance. "See?!" Jimin happily shouted. "She loves me so much!" The corgi hybrid smiled with a dreamy look on his face while the falcon hybrid sighed at him. Though he did like the feel of your lips on his skin.