↠ 1

Having a tiring day at work, all you wanted to do was go home and relax. So, as soon as you got off of work, you were startled back seeing someone standing on the sidewalk. "Sei? What are you doing here?"

Sei smiled at you. "What? I can't pick up my girlfriend from work?" He went closer to you, wrapping his hand around yours.

"I just thought you would be busy today."

"Ah, they cancelled the meeting today. Are you surprised?" He then faked a gasp. "Were you expecting your other boyfriend?"

"Yes, yes I was." You joked.

"Nice. I finally get to meet him." Sei started to pull you along.

You could only smile at him. "Yeah, yeah. Where are we going anyways?"

"At a restaurant. You hungry?" Sei replied, gently swinging your arms.

"You know I could always go for food."

"I know. You're the best person to eat with."

Minutes later, you two arrived at an Italian restaurant. The two of you decided to eat outside since the afternoon was feeling too good at the moment. You sat down, ordered some drinks and began talking.

The conversation was then interrupted by the waiter placing your food down. The chicken alfredo you ordered looked so delicious. There was a bit of steam rising up and did it smell like it was the best thing in the world.

You two dug in, once in a while talking between bites. You were only halfway through your meal when there was a loud chorus of shouts. You looked over the hedge that separated the cafe and sidewalk to see a lady in a gray uniform chasing after a raccoon. She had one of those pole catchers clutched in her hand.

The raccoon in front of her was frantically dodging everyone. The animal stopped as another person in uniform was in front of him. The stray animal paused momentarily before dashing towards the restaurant.

'Where is he going?' You questioned to yourself. You took a sip of your drink and glanced at Sei who was watching too.

He then furrowed his eyebrows. "Is he going to try and jump the hedge?"

The raccoon answered Sei's question.

He jumped over the hedge, landing almost perfectly on the table. In surprise, you let your drink slip from your hand. The table landed on the ground with a bang, both of your food flying away. The white and black raccoon somehow landed on its paws. It lifted up his head and looked at you with big brown eyes.

The animal let out a small noise before running again. This time he went to the left and knocked another table down as he used it as a launching pad. Just like that, your food and the raccoon was gone. Seriously, the raccoon managed to knock down two tables and that surprised you.

"What just happened?" Sei asked in confusion.

Everyone was dead silent before some people started to laugh. A waiter came over to you guys, obviously flustered. "I wasn't trained for this, so half off your food and you get your order again for free?"

Half off your current meal? Plus you get to take another plate home? 'Sign me up.'

"Yeah, that sounds good." You answered.

The waiter nodded in relief before going to the other couple who lost their food. Probably to offer the same deal. You slightly stood up and grabbed napkins from the empty table next to you, patting down some of the drink that had splashed on you and handing some to Sei.

He graciously accepted and wiped some sauce off from his pants. "Well," He smiled brightly. "That was weird, wasn't it?"

"Yeah it was." You laughed.

After getting the tables up and cleaning the floors, another waiter brought out your meals to take home. "Again, I'm so sorry. I didn't think that was going to happen..." He apologized.

"No worries." You assured him and took out your debit card. After all it was your turn to pay. You handed the waiter your card and he swiped it. After the exchange of signing a receipt and giving your card back, Sei grabbed the bags of food and the two of you left the restaurant.

"So, want to do movie date on Saturday?" Sei asked, linking both of your hands together.

"Um, I have plans to go out with Wendy on Saturday..." You said, feeling guilty. The two of you were walking back to your apartment now.

"It's fine, baby. Ok, to make up for it, let's go on another lunch date next week, alright?" Sei replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course."

"Ok, let's go out next week."

It took a while and now you were at your apartment door. Sei handed you your bag of food. "See you next week." He smiled and kissed your forehead.

"Alright. See you." You leaned up a bit to kiss his cheek.

You turned around and unlocked your door, pausing to glance at Sei walking away. You smiled and got inside your apartment. Locking the door, you quickly went to the fridge to stuff your food in there.

Right now life seemed so content. You then traveled to your couch and let your tired body rest. You glanced at the clock to see that it was now 7pm. Damn, were you really out for almost an hour and a half with Sei?

You slightly smiled and briefly closed your eyes. Maybe in a few minutes, you'll get ready for bed. For now, you'll just enjoy the serene environment.