↠ 36

Through a game of paper-rock-scissors, Jungkook got the first pick on what to do first. And where did he chose? Of course it was the mall. "Please do not separate from me." You begged your hybrids. "I want all of you right by my side."

Suspiciously, your hybrids nodded to your words. Except good things weren't going to last all day. You had barely passed the second store when you realized Jungkook had disappeared. "Where the hell did he go?" You muttered to yourself looking everywhere for the rabbit hybrid. When you glanced back at your group, you noticed two more missing hybrids.

"What the hell?!" You let out a frustrated sigh. "Yoongi doesn't even like moving away from me! Did he drag Hoseok with him?"

So far your only good hybrids were Jimin, Seokjin and that snake hybrid who's been following with a happy smile on his face. "Did they not promise me?" You questioned the three hybrids who nodded. With a frustrated groan leaving your lips, you let them walk ahead of you. As you did, you thought you saw one of your hybrids. In reality it wasn't, it was just another hybrid who looked to be a cougar? Mountain lion?

Shrugging a shoulder, you turned back to the trio to find your corgi missing now. "They're not getting ice cream!" You angrily muttered to yourself and Seokjin hesitantly pulled on the hem on your shirt. "Can we look at some shoes?" He pointed at the store.

You nodded and Seokjin carefully grabbed your hand to pull you along. The snake hybrid frowned a bit but still followed. You kept a watchful eye as Seokjin looked over the shoes and the snake hybrid was looking at some. For now, you were mentally figuring out where the hell your other hybrids went.

Did Jimin go get some ice cream by himself? Did Yoongi drag Hoseok somewhere? You weren't even sure when the cat hybrid became friends with the bear hybrid. But where did Jungkook go? Art supply store? Agh, so many thoughts on where they could have gone but you don't even know where!

As you mentally figured out how the hell you were going to find them, Seokjin continued on his browsing. He found a pair that he thought may suit him. As he turned around to get your opinion, he spotted some young guy making his ways towards. At once, Jin could feel the "dominating male presence" that came from the weak human. Well, he was a hybrid. Any other males were competition for him. He was about to charge over there when the snake hybrid intercepted.

"Look at these shoes!" The snake hybrid said happily and almost shoved the shoes in your face. "Don't you think they would look good on me?"

"What?" You answered.

The reptile smiled showing off the box smile and hooked an arm across your shoulders. "C'mon, let's see what other shoes there are!" He led you away from the human who only blinked at the scene. The poor worker at the shoe store just went on to the next customer, hoping to sell shoes.

Seokjin frowned slightly but the snake hybrid may have earned a little respect from him. It wasn't a whole lot but it was something. The reptile dragged you over to Seokjin. "What do you think?" The falcon hybrid asked, holding out a black tennis shoe.

"Looks nice." You commented. "You want them?"

The falcon looked at them and turned it over. "I don't know."

"Owner!" The reptile said and held out a pair of nice brown looking hiking shoe. "These look pretty don't they?"

"They do..." You said and he smiled happily.

"Owner, are you still adopting me?" He suddenly asked that even Seokjin turned his attention away from the shoes.

You stayed quiet for a moment. Would be able to afford another hybrid? Especially a snake hybrid? You don't know the first thing about reptiles. Well, you don't know either about a falcon and bear but here you were.

"Don't worry about affording another hybrid!" The snake answered the nagging thought in your mind and that was a little spooky. "I don't eat that much and I have a little job!"

"You have a job?" You surprisingly asked. Sometimes people would hire hybrids for labor and the pay wasn't that much for them.

He nodded, making his silver hair bounce. "Yes! I work at a small gift shop. But don't tell them I'm a hybrid." He playfully winked and it suddenly clicked. Literally the only noticeable feature would be his fangs but they were so thin and blended well with his teeth that it would be impossible to see them. Unless you were like three inches from his face.

"Then how do you-"

He quickly interjected. "They give me my pay in an envelope. They think that I'm still living with parents and that I'm sixteen."

You raised an eyebrow. Alright, the snake hybrid was quite smart and very mischievous. It slightly scared you.

He only flashed you a grin and tried taking something out of the pocket of the sweatpants but frowned. "I think I forgot my money in your bag."

What. You were also carrying his money in your bag?

"I think it was still in that pouch..." He said and placed the shoes back where he got them. His sad eyes pierced your heart.

"Just pay me back." You quickly grabbed the shoes and the ones Seokjin was looking at and went to go ask them to measure the two. Seokjin just stared at the snake hybrid with no emotion on his face.

"What?"

"You really have a job?" Seokjin asked.

He nodded. "Yeah. I think you can also pass for a human job too. Probably just grow out your hair some more to cover the feathers." He offered his advice. Seokjin considered it and maybe the snake hybrid earned another point of his respect. Ok maybe it was only two percent out of one hundred percent but it was progress.

Jungkook happily skipped out of the craft and art store. What caught his attention was some vibrant paint. He knew that he didn't have money but he just wanted to look at it. Now he had to go apologize to you and use his puppy eyes that Jimin taught him for you to forgive him.

As the rabbit hybrid continued out through the mall, his eyes caught sight of two somewhat familiar hybrids. They were focused on a store in front of them and were talking quietly. They looked a little shady as they were wearing baggy hoodies and sweatpants. He narrowed his eyes a bit and spotted two long tails swishing side to side.

One was somewhat sleek but at the tip was a ball of fur. Was that a lion hybrid? The other tail was fluffy and sleek at the same time he couldn't describe what kind of hybrid he was. He sort of watched them for a bit until the lion hybrid sauntered into the store. The other hung back and he glared at anyone who came close to them.

Ah, he remembered why he looked so familiar!

It was that same hybrid who had a staring contest with him at the grocery store. He went over and boldly he stopped right next to him. "Hello."

The hybrid just sent him a glare. "Get away from me."

Jungkook tilted his head. "Who was your friend? Are you guys doing something bad? Cause you look like you are doing something bad."

The hybrid let out a mean growl and it sort of sounded like Yoongi when he got angry. "No. I suggest you get moving." He snapped and his tail angrily swished behind him.

The rabbit hybrid pouted a bit. "I guess." He shrugged a shoulder. "But won't you get in trouble for whatever you're going to do?"

"Just go away." The hybrid said once more and this time took a step towards him. "Or do I need to hunt down my prey?"