↠ 47

You wonder if you did something bad in your previous life. That would explain why fate had led you to a hyper corgi and a sly snake. Jimin was currently nibbling on a sample as Taehyung had cupped his hands, revealing that he had loads of samples.

You were not sure as to what Seokjin was thinking. After you told him that you don't have a boyfriend, he was a little lost in the clouds. Meaning you had to pull him by the hand everywhere so that he would not run into another display. He wasn't even complaining and happily held your hand. Meanwhile, you wanted your responsible falcon back!

"Taehyung, please do not tell me you took all those samples." You braced yourself for the answer. The store only allowed two samples per customer.

"Nope!" He laughed. "I was walking around and the employees kept giving them to me! Can you believe it?"

You narrowed your eyes on him. There was something off about that. Whatever, you wanted to get out of here before they ban you from the place. "Well, where's Yoongi and Hoseok?"

Like you just summoned them, the duo appeared with a bag of chips and some type of drinks. They both smiled at you and innocently placed them in the cart. You could only let out a sigh and pushed the cart to the register. You paid for everything and managed to get everyone out of the store. You were successful and almost bought Jimin a box of candy at the register but managed to convince him otherwise.

Lucky for you, there was a pharmacy a couple stores down and that was your next stop. All the while, Seokjin kept his grip on your hand and would caress his thumb over your skin. You weren't sure why he was being so affectionate but oh well.

Jungkook sat on the couch with his arms crossed as he glared at the TV. How could he get so unlucky? He would glance at the injured hybrid every once in a while and return his glare back to the TV. He thumped his foot impatiently against the floor. The repeated thumps sent a vibration over to the resting hybrid who slowly opened his eyes.

Namjoon's body was a bit sore. He hadn't fought anyone in a while and it showed. His mind was foggy and he stared at nothing until a coherent thought came to his mind. He was back at your apartment. He lifted up his head a bit to see that the rabbit hybrid was thumping his foot against the floor.

Curiously, Namjoon started to sit up which alerted the rabbit hybrid. Jungkook slightly jumped at the sudden movement from his peripheral vision. He watched as the mountain lion sat up and winced at the slight pain. Then the hybrid started to shift into his human form and Namjoon held the blanket close to him. He wearily blinked and let his eyes connect with Jungkook's.

"How long was I out for?" He asked.

Jungkook looked at the clock on the wall. "For about an hour or so."

The injured hybrid nodded. The atmosphere turned awkward and the rabbit was grateful that the TV was filling in the noise. "Um," The mountain lion started to speak. "May I use your bathroom?" Jungkook could see that he was flustered.

"Down the hall." Jungkook shortly replied. He watched as the mountain lion slowly get to his feet. It almost made him want to help out. Almost. He wasn't too sure as his prey instincts screamed at him to either punch him or run away. And he definitely wasn't going to run away in his own home!

Namjoon slowly walked along and disappeared down the hallway. The rabbit let out a sigh. Maybe he was judging him too harshly. When he spent his days out in the streets, he was on the run for his life. Sure, he could take out a couple of hybrids but when there were more? Forget it. His instincts made sure that he ran away and he was surviving his time out there like that. Not all predators were like that. Just look at Hoseok!

The mountain lion finally came back and resumed his position back on the floor. He still kept the blanket close to him, covering almost his entire body with it. Jungkook heard that Namjoon fought off some hybrid to protect his owner. He actually kept his promise. Throwing away his pride for a second, he awkwardly cleared his throat. "Thanks for keeping your promise."

Namjoon was a bit surprised that the rabbit spoke first. "You're welcome. Once I heal up, I'll get out of here."

Jungkook finally managed to tear his eyes away from the screen and look at him. "You're going to go back? Don't you worry that they'll come after you again?"

"Yes. I know they will. But I'll be careful." Namjoon stared at the floor instead of the rabbit. "I guess I'll go back to my old ways." He muttered the last part to himself but Jungkook caught it.

"Old ways?" The rabbit became curious.

Namjoon just shrugged a shoulder. "Yeah. Just being by myself and keeping a low profile."

Jungkook stared at Namjoon. Thoughts ran through his head before he asked a question. "Don't you want an owner?"

The mountain lion tore his gaze away from the floor and locked eyes with the rabbit. "I don't know. I was born on the streets and had to fend for myself. I don't really get along with others." He admitted.

That took the rabbit by surprise. Now, Jungkook was born into a wonderful family. His parents were owned by some wealthy family upstate. He lived there until his teen years when the wealthy family died in a car accident. The will stated his hybrid family was to go to an aunt in the city. Unfortunately, the aunt wasn't fond of hybrids.

He remembered the days where he had to sleep in a cramped room with his parents and siblings. One by one, everyone he knew was sold off to friends until it was just him. He escaped one night and was living on the streets. It was hard for him but he finally found you.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook finally said. "You don't have any family?"

"No..." Namjoon shook his head. "I don't know who my father is and my mother was captured when I was six years old. I don't have any siblings either."

Jungkook started to see this hybrid in a new light. He survived all those years by himself and it didn't stop him. He looked at him in awe. He was too cool in the rabbit's eyes.

"W-Why are you staring at me like that?" Namjoon asked, staring warily at the rabbit.

"You're so cool!" Jungkook exclaimed and patted the seat next to him. "Stay here and I'll grab you some clothes!" The rabbit hybrid bounded off to the guest room. Meanwhile, Namjoon slowly got up and stared to where Jungkook had disappeared off to. It was strange.

First he bit his tail and now he's all friendly? He was too confused about the whole situation.

When you got home, you also joined the same boat as Namjoon. You paused in your steps as well as the hybrids as they overcame the scene in front of them. The duo were sitting on the couch and Namjoon was wearing Jungkook's clothes and let the mountain lion sit right next to him.

Sadly, Jungkook's clothes didn't exactly fit the mountain lion. Since he was a little bit more taller, you could see how uncomfortable he was as he tried pulling the shirt down every once in a while. The rabbit hybrid perked up at your presence. "Y/N! Can we adopt Namjoon?"

The question that flew out of his mouth stunned everyone. Especially Yoongi who choked on air. Then there was you who was trying to process how quickly Jungkook, the one who bit his tail, had warmed up to him.

"Please?" And now the famous puppy eyes took over and they targeted you on a decision.