56

i stayed by my father's side the whole night waiting for him to move or say something , i couldn't stand being apart from him .

My sister went back to her house as her daughter couldn't sleep without her , she said she would comeback this morning .My mother stayed awake the whole night with me and checked on my father from time to time

The doctor arrived to do his checkup and i had to exit the room meanwhile , we were totally focused on my father that we forgot to investigate this whole thing .

I had my suspicions and all of them pointed to one person which was Turhan . i hoped it wasn't the case , because if she was the one who did it i'd make sure she never sees her son again .

Selim had to leave in the middle of the night because he had a lot of work and i understood him , i didn't want him to stay either because he would just be stressed .

I went downstairs to see what my mom was doing and she was speaking to a maid in a very quiet voice .

« Mother ? » i called her as i reached the last two stairs , she turned around and dismissed the maid that was with her .

« What is it ? did the doctor finish the check up ? » I kept following the girl with my eyes as she looked nervous when she saw me .

« No he didn't » i said walking towards her and crossing my arms together. « How did this happen , i was too scared about what was going to happen to my father that i didn't even ask about how did this happen » she grabbed my hand and sat me down .

« Actually this happened three days ago when he came back from the divan . he had dinner and suffered high fever for days , we called the doctor and he didn't know what happened to him at first but it had worsened and you know the rest » i couldn't believe what i was hearing , they hid my fathers sickness from me and kept it like nothing happened

« Why didn't you tell me ? this is my right to know » based on the look of her face i could sense that she felt sorry but still i had to know .

« You have enough problems , i didn't want to bother » she continued but this excuse was certainly not good enough

« You're never going to bother me , yes i have a family but you're my family too . you can't hide this from me » i was getting pretty annoyed at this point but i managed to back down a little bit .

« Anyways .. did anyone start investigating ? i will need everyone who served him these past days » I had to know who did this or just have a clue .

« There are a lot of people who come and go , but we should look into this matter » i nodded after her agreeing . no matter what happens i will find whoever was behind this .

The doctor came out and we both rushed towards him trying to get him to talk .

« Your majesty , i am sorry to inform you that your father is probably not going to make it » i felt my chest tighten and my head felt heavy .

my mother grabbed my arm for support as she could barely stand .

« You can't tell me this , you have to fix whatever he has i don't care » i was starting to get more furious , i couldn't bear the thought of him not making it out alive .

« Sultana , his highness has contracted a very serious poison and it will be a miracle if he gets well » i felt so much rage and sadness at the same time , my mind was blown away.

Who could have done this ? i was still suspicious of turhan and i will definitely investigate this until i find whoever poisoned him .

« Is there anything we can do or any medicine that will help him ? » i knew he was the head doctor of the palace but i supposed he'd find someone to help my father get better .

« Me and my scholars have been searching for a cure , we're doing our best sultana just trust us » i had no other option but to trust them , it pained me that i couldn't do more for him , i had to rely on the doctors .

The doctor excused himself and left upstairs to stay with my father , while i stayed with my mother downstairs .

Three days have gone by and still there were no news about my dad , i was heavily worried that i was absent for four days . i knew ahmet was making a fuss about me not coming but i had to

« You have to get some rest , you don't look well and i think the kids miss you » i had spent three days away that i forgot how exhausted i really was .

« you're right , i have to go back but- » i thought about me leaving my father's side but my mom interrupted me « No buts you have to go , you can come see your father whenever you want . Your place is next to his majesty don't let them do whatever they want in your absence »

She was right , i had to go . i went to my old room and prepared myself to leave , i made sure i looked okay after all the crying . but he was in good hands with my mother and sister

I then went to see my father one last time and left to go back to my palace . The only thing i needed was to rest a bit more so i got in the carriage that took me right to the palace

As i was heading to my chambers I was stopped in the hallway when i saw Turhan with her maids , i was irritated just from looking at her .

« Oh , Hiranur what are you doing here aren't you supposed to bid farewell to your father » i didn't understand how viscious and rude you have to be to let this escape from your mouth .

« Inshallah i'll be bidding farewell for you first » i responded back and i hope it was enough for her to leave me alone « I swear if i find out that you have a hand in this » i stepped closer towards her .

« Not even Selim can stop me , you will either cry for your son or he will cry for you » i was so close to snap but i had to give her a clear image of what was awaiting her .

« You talk too much for someone that will be executed once my son gets to power » she smirked giving me a challenging look « you're gonna spend your days crying , you stole the man i love and i will never forgive you for that » i was barely holding myself from slapping her .

« We will see who will cry first , and i'll be delighted to see it » i finally say and leave her alone in the hallways , everyone in the palace knew the tension between us yet i don't know why she keeps crossing my way to make a scene infront of everyone .

She just messed up with my temper when i just wanted to rest , but i knew i wasn't gonna be able to rest when i found sumbul running towards me .

« Later , i don't want to hear anything » i said while the door to my room opened , he insisted on following me .

« Sultana you have to know what happened , I- i don't know how to say this » i knew from his face that i was going to hear some bad news .

I stopped in my tracks and waited for his answer .

« The sultanas and our princes are not here , they left » i looked at him confused and scared at the same time , what did he mean by that .

« Sumbul don't make me angry , where would they go without my permission ? what are you even saying? » he looked at me panicked and i thought about something instantly .

————————————————-

Hello guyssss !! i'm happy to be back again and i really hope you're liking the story as much as i , i just want to ask you to check my other story called Fated which i'm working on too . Don't forget to vote and comment love u guyssss and my dms are always open <3333