19

we didn't stop running for some good minutes , we only stopped when we felt like he lost track .

Muhsine's kids were the ones who were exhausted , they were panting and so were we , it got dark and it was difficult to see each other .

« What are we going to do now » muhsine asked as she held her children against her .

« We will wait until day light » The man with us replied as he sat down , i didn't even know his name .

« I just wanna go back » aynur added as she sat down on the floor , it was getting colder and everyone was wearing light clothes.

we were all sat down waiting for a movement and mostly wishing that her husband don't find us .

the little kid fell asleep on his mothers lap but the other one was still up .

« Come here » i extended my hand for the little girl and she took it before shifting next to me .

« We're going to be fine, now you should sleep okay ? » i told her calmly and she kept nodding before i held her in my arms so she can sleep .

Aynur was still awake and so was i and the man with us . i had to know his name

« What's your name » i bluntly asked but he answered right away .

« iskender sultana » i nodded after him and looked away , i was desperately trying to stay awake because i was asleep .

Suddenly we heard loud thuds and a source of light not very far from us , we three looked at each other . iskender stood up and shielded us first before i woke up muhsine and her son .

« Who is there » iskender yelled and the light shifted to us , the loud steps got closer and it felt like there were not one or two persons . there were more .

« The bandits » aynur whispered to me terrified .  « im sure i killed them » iskender replied still focused on the source of light

We finally saw a figure and relief rushed all over my body , these were the royal guards.

« Her highness » they all yelled out loud making so many lights turn our side and so many steps were being heard all at once .

« Thank god » I said getting up carefully to not wake the girl up .

«Sultana they found us » aynur excitedly jumped from her seat , iskender backed away a little bit as the guards were approaching us . suddenly i saw a familiar figure standing not very far from me .

It was Selim .
He came .

« Hiranur » his voice was comforting and i couldn't understand how my legs worked and ran towards him .

without hesitation i held him tight and hugged him .

« I knew you would come » i quietly said in his ears as he caressed my back and hair at the same time .

« I will always find you, did something happen to you are you hurt anywhere » he broke the hug and started examining me if i was okay .

« I am okay and so much better now that i've seen you » i answered him as i hugged him again . i felt like i could finally breathe at ease , i felt at ease

« We have to leave, there's someone in the loose and he's trying to kill us all » iskender spoke as he carried muhsine's daughter .

« And you are? » selim walked towards him with a serious expression .

« He was the one that saved my life , he helped us » selim finally stepped back and ordered the guards to get ready to leave .

« thank you for saving my wife's life , you'll certainly get rewarded for that » selim talked iskender out as i walked with aynur and muhsine infront of them .

« Your highness i don't know how to thank you » muhsine thanked me again as she held her sons hand firmly .

« We will get you to somewhere safe , you will never need anything » i reassured her as we continued walking . the carriage wasn't very far

the guards dispersed and everyone went to their horses , muhsine and aynur got in the carriage .

Selim walked towards me as iskender was standing behind him .

« I'm glad you're safe, i am sorry for sending you alone i shouldn't had to » he held me close and apologised , but in fact it was not his fault .

« It's not your fault selim , what matters is that now i'm next to you » i put my hands on his shoulders and looked behind me .

« I will explain everything to you later when i can okay? » i said before he nodded and held my hands together .

« We will talk later now make sure to get some sleep inside » i smiled with the energy i had left and turned my back to get in the carriage .

Until i heard selim yell my name and a pain travel down my shoulder . i felt like something sharp penetrated my shoulder and i was right when i saw the faces of aynur and muhsine .

My legs started to weaken , my grip on the door got loose and my sight started to get blurry .

« Hiranur » i felt selim catch my body as i fell back , he was careful to not touch my wound or shake me a lot .

« Catch whoever did this » Selim yelled at his guards who were already running back to the woods .

« Shit shit shit » selim retrieved his hand from my back and there was blood all over his hand .

The pain was so overwhelming i couldn't utter a word, i was just staring at the figures swarming around me . so many faces who went black in one moment .

« I promise , you're gonna be fine hang in there love » Those were the last words i've heard from selim before i blacked out .