09

The day has come , the biggest day of my life has come . my wedding day .

My mother and tons of maids she brought woke up early to do my makeup and help me get dressed in my long red gown that fit me just perfectly . my hair was straightened and a crown was placed on my head .

"Hiranur you look absolutely amazing , the prettiest bride" my mother walked behind me and put her hands on my waist before turning me around carefully .

"May god enlighten your path and make you live only beautiful things" a tear escaped her eyes and that's when i realised that this was the end of my life with my mother .

"Come on don't let the carriage wait" my mother wiped her tear away and opened the door . the girls put the veil over my head and walked me down the stairs carefully , i looked over at my house and i remembered all of my moments here it felt surreal that i was leaving .

The main entrance door opened and there was my carriage waiting for me and so many royal guards , they helped me get in the carriage and closed it behind me .

i took few breaths before the carriage moved , my heart was racing because in the same moment my dad was approving my marriage in the palace . i was officially married to sultan selim right now , i was the second woman to marry a sultan .

the carriage kept moving and i opened the curtain a little bit when i heard people chanting outside and music playing .

the whole capital was outside celebrating our wedding , drums , chants everything was on point just like planned .

it took us some extra time to get to the palace since it was so crowded . the carriage opened and i took a step outside with a shaky breath because i was all alone , i looked behind me and so many people were standing there and cheering . I made my way to the palace followed by so many maids and made my way to the valide sultan's room .

she was standing along with mihrimah and a girl who was obviously mihrimah's daughter and two other women who looked like sultanas .

I bowed down to them and walked towards Sah sultan and kissed her hand .

"Congratulations, and welcome to our family hiranur" mihrimah grabbed my hand and caressed it gently .

"Congratulations" one of the two women said and i just bowed down to her because i assumed she was a sultana " I am Fatma sultan , sister of the late sultan".

"Very glad to meet you sultana" i looked over at the other one who introduced herself to me "I am beyhan sultan" i bowed to her too before sah sultan offered me a seat next to her .

Music started and so many girls entered and started dancing while i just noticed many women seated around tables with food , they were important guests .

suddenly the door opened and my mother and sister entered , my mom had a very proud grin on her face while my sister looked constipated .

they came close to us and bowed down to the sultanas before sitting in our table , we started talking while enjoying the food who was so delicious .

"This is the happiest the palace has been since humasah was born" mihrimah looked over at her daughter who squinted her eyes in response .

"i was still a child when my mom brought me to your wedding sultana i don't remember anything but i heard it was very beautiful" mihrimah smiled widely while nodding

"Indeed my late father and mother made sure everything was perfect may they rest in peace" everyone followed her with an amin as she remembered her parents .

Everyone started talking except for my sister who didn't move an inch every since we sat down , she still thinks i did that to her to get here but it wasn't true at all . i was doing all of this for my father