55

the table was set in Selim's chambers and i made sure everything was done correctly . Selim and I were already seated and we were waiting for Princess Monica .

« i wonder why she's here » i said pretty annoyed but i concealed it with a worried tone .

« We will find out , after all we can't close the door on whoever seeks refuge cant we ? » he asked and i nodded , i mean if it means closing it in her face i would definitely do it .

« Your majesty , Princess Monica is here » the agha announced as he paved the way for her to come in .

She bowed down to the both of us and sat in her assigned seat , she sat infront of us .

« It's an honor to be here with your highness »she looked at selim and didn't acknowledge me at all , i glanced at her neck and she wore the necklace he gave it to her.

« I had a busy schedule but i had to fit this dinner in » he made it look like he didn't have time for her , at least that's what i thought.

« I know that , you have a lot of important responsibilities and that's why i admire your highness » she said in the most annoying tone ever .

« So what brought you here ? i guess it is something important » he asked as he started to eat , i watched her carefully not entretained for whatever she was going to say .

« My family , we're currently going in a lot of wars with many of our neighbour countries . it got so bad that i had to leave for my own safety . i felt that everyday would be my last day » she continued explaining her situation « I knew there wouldn't be any more welcoming person than your highness , you've always aided us in all aspects » she went on thanking him again

Did she not have a single ounce of shame ?

« You did the right thing , and don't worry i have already sent people to help with the situation there » he took a sip from his drink and went on «  don't worry you shall not return until everything is sorted out »

She looked at him with such eyes , like she was trying to seduce him so bad .

« with my company she will not feel alone » i added as i gave her a viscious attitude that was enough to make her feel uncomfortable.

She gave me a smile , a fake one of course which i ignored .

She then started to talk about her family and how she missed them , i was getting way too bored as they started to discuss politics . suddenly an agha stepped in gaining all of our attention

« Your majesty , your highness » he bowed down to us and then looked at me . « I have some news coming from ibrahim pasha » i didn't take it seriously because at the end he was the grand vizir .

« Is it something important ? » Selim asked as he put down his cup . the agha stood there stiff which gained our suspicion .

" we got news that ibrahim pasha is sick and that- he's on his deathbed" my eyes shoot open and i felt my stomach twist .

"Are you hearing yourself what are you saying ?" Selim panicked and got up as quickly as i did .

"My father .." i mumbled feeling lost and overwhelmed , i grabbed selim's arm to keep myself steady . my father was in deathbed

my father was dying

"We have to go" i started to walk towards the door not knowing what i was doing anymore , my hands were shaking so bad .

Selim followed me and we both started to hurry to the carriage to go see my father , i hoped there was nothing serious and that they just got their news wrong .

"Trust me , your father is going to be fine . he's a strong man after all" Selim tried to comfort me but i felt like my mind was refusing to listen or be comforted .

He helped me get inside the carriage and he followed me , i was still in state of shock that i couldn't even speak.

"My father .. i can't live without him . there is no way" i uttered as i burried my head in my hands , selim's hand slid behind my waist and he hugged me close .

" Shh don't say this" he put his chin on my head as he held me close , i felt like i was crumbling down with each passing second . I had to see my father

After some time we arrived to our mansion , i quickly got in as selim helped me get off . the mansion was packed with guards that lined up for us .

I approached the front door and i realised it was already open , my mother walked towards us

« Mom how is my father ? tell me something » i immediately asked her in the verge of tears , she looked at me and selim and looked down

« Mom how is my father ? tell me something » i immediately asked her in the verge of tears , she looked at me and selim and looked down .

I walked past her and went to my father's room , there was akça crying next to him while holding his hand .

« Akça » i called out and my sister looked up at me , she loosened her grip and ran towards me to wrap me in a hug . i didn't take my eyes off my father

« What happened to him ,tell me » i asked not taking my eyes off of him.

« Our father , got poisoned » she broke the hug and announced to me , she looked at a book that was on his desk .

« My father got poisoned by this book » she pointed and i was shocked , how was it possible ? how can someone get poisoned from a book ?

« What's his situation now ? » i approached him and sat next to him « we don't know .. the poison was eating him alive and no one knew » she added which made me feel more miserable .

« What did the doctors say ? »i asked as i grabbed his hand slowly putting it in mine , she looked at me and wiped her tears away .

« They say he's not going to make it » i felt my heart shatter as if i just got stabbed , i looked down at his hand and my tears started falling.

i couldn't believe what i heard , someone poisoned my dad and wanted him killed .

« He's strong .. he's not going to give up » i said fully sure of myself as i sniffed , i glanced at my sister and she nodded before looking away .

I wanted to stay here with him , until he opens his eyes and call me his daughter again . i needed him , i still did , he can't leave me alone just like this .

Akça sat in the other side of the bed and we both watched over him waiting for something, for a sign . i could feel that selim was by the door watching from a far but i didn't want to think about that

what mattered was my dad coming back to life