42

« Your name is Orhan » selim repeated in our son's ear thrice and put him down on his crib .

It's been exactly two weeks since they were born , exactly the time the doctors told us they were going to recover and they didn't lie .

Now they look so much healthier and different , They both had wide blue eyes and ginger hair . it's as if they were not mine , they resembled selim in everything

Selim picked up our girl and recited adhan in her ear before he named her too , i left him to name them because i had no name in my head

« Your name is Gevher » he repeated her name again and this time he looked at her deeply before putting her down .

« I wish they grow with their parents always infront of them »Sah sultan congratulated us and put a gold necklace next to Gevher's head and moved to Orhan , she looked at him intensely and that stare was nothing but scary .

« I never thought i'd see my grandchildren before i die this is the best gift i've ever had » My father approached me and touched my hair before kissing both of them .

He placed his unknown gift next to their heads and retreated next to me , my mother and sister and mihrimah followed .

I was very tired mentally and physically , these two weeks have been the worst . i had to cope with so many things at once

First i succeeded at bringing my maids back here and wait everyday for the twins to get better and not to talk about the constant encounters i had with sah sultan and turhan . I wanted to rest and just take a deep breath

Everyone was leaving one by one until we were both alone .

« I know how exhausted you must be , so i'll let you rest i don't want you out of your room » it was exactly what i was planning to do

« I will but first of all i want to get fresh air in the gardens and i'll comeback for once maybe i can relax a little bit » he nodded after me and then looked at the twins .

« If you wanna rest i suggest you don't stay with them in the same place » he touched orhan's nose and laughed .

« No they're calm , well for now at least » i rocked the crib a little bit and watched selim as he walked away .

It felt new and weird to share my room with two other kids , i was not used to it but it felt great nonetheless.  they both were sleeping and i assigned nurbahar to stay with them until i go and take some fresh air

The gardens was empty , only servants were there and i felt bored walking around alone . i circled around and breathed some fresh air to ease my mind when i started hearing whispers coming from an alley .

The gardens had many alleys and you could easily get lost in them , i made sure i was so quiet so i can find out who and why were they whispering there .

« As i told you , this will be disguised and no one will know whether it's me or you . Ibrahim pasha must be beheaded as soon as possible and i want this to be over soon » The female voice was commanding and i immediately realised it was Turhan .

I couldn't believe the audacity nor the person she was attempting to get rid of , she was trying to kill my father . i was not about to stay silent about this

« As you order sultana » the voice belonged to a man but i couldn't peek , but i gathered my courage to do so . it was certainly a pasha too from the clothes he was wearing .

« I will make you grand vizir instead of him , and once my son gets the throne i'll kill hiranur first and then orhan and gevher » my ears couldn't believe any of this , i was in disbelief on how brave and confident she was .

I heard them both walk away so i got out of the bush , i had to find out what they were cooking for my father but i had to let him know about this .

I went back to my room shocked and i couldn't even face anybody when i was walking, i stayed in to feed orhan and gevher who got hungry very fast but my mind was still with my dad  . Luckily my dad was still in the palace and i had to warn him , i called the aghas to accompany me to his room but he wasn't there .

« Don't you know when he's getting back ? » i asked the agha guarding his room.

« His majesty gathered the divan today » i forgot about this , it's usually long so i won't stay here the whole day .

But as i was about to turn around , i could see bunch of pashas walking towards me and all of them bowed down to me except my father who was confused on why i was there .

« Baba i have to speak to you privately » my dad raised his eyebrow and as i looked behind i saw the man who was talking to turhan .

« This man who is he ? » i said pointing discreetly at the man and my dad casually responded « Azat pasha , why are you asking ? »

I opened his door and closed the door when he followed me .

« That man is plotting something for you dad , i heard him speak about you with turhan and they want you beheaded »my father seemed like he wasn't phased by it and nodded quietly .

« All of the pashas  here want me dead so this isn't new for me » i shook my head refusing to agree that this was just a causal threat .

« No no this time it's serious , they have a plan but i couldn't hear what it is but please be careful i don't want anything bad happening to you » my dad hugged me tightly and looked at me in the eyes .

« I don't fear death threats or death itself i just fear leaving you and your sister alone , i will be careful » i nodded and closed my eyes slowly .

« I will talk to selim about this too , i want him to protect you , believe and trust you in case »