16

it's been one week since my last encounter with esmehan , her and her mother have been very distant sometimes i think they're preparing something for me but i couldn't care less because today is one of the most special days ever .

Selim and I are going to edirne together , he only told me yesterday and i couldn't sleep from excitement . i've always wanted to go there but my father was always busy to take me

I was all ready and packed and i just waited for the guards to come get me , selim had to go first because he wanted to hunt , he didn't want me to feel lonely and bored that's why he went before me .

« Sultana they called in , we can go now » aynur came in with two other aghas who carried my luggage .

« Amazing » i rose up from my seat , fixed myself on the mirror and guided the way outside . i had to pass by the harem eventually and i just hated the fact that i was gonna do so .

I lifted my chin high and walked past the first girls who were discussing in the hallway . they bowed down to me as i passed by , when i reached the main harem door the agha declared my presence and everyone bowed down after me .

« Have fun sultana » this sentenced was being repeated so many times to me as i walked past them , i was soon going to get out of their sight when turhan came walking from the opposite direction .

« Already leaving we're going to miss you » she faked a pout as she looked at the girls behind her who didn't dare to laugh .

« Turhan i don't have your time because my husband is waiting for me » i took a step closer to her and her lips started searching for words but couldn't find any .

« I will be the first one to make him happy just wait and watch » her hand travelled all the way to her belly who still was flat .

« We'll see about that , selim doesn't care for you he only cares about the human you're carrying » i patted her shoulder and brushed my shoulder against hers as i walked off .

i had a smirk in my face as i continued walking , the carriage was ready and they were waiting for me . aynur and another girl were going to accompany me

we got in and just few moments later the carriage started moving , my eyes shifted to the window next to me . i opened the curtains a bit and looked through it

« It's gonna be long right sultana? » aynur spoke as she moved to the side .

« I hope it isn't , we just got in and i already want to arrive » i sighed as i rested my head on the side of the carriage .

the girl next to aynur was named mahfiruze she just joined the palace and i didn't know when or how did she start serving me . i knew nothing about her so having her with me in this closed space was threatening a bit .

« Mahfiruze are you okay ? » her attention shifted to me as she smiled .

« All good sultana i just get sicknesses from staying in the carriage for too long » so she is used to carriages , but how ? not everyone gets a chance to afford a carriage nor stay in one for a long time .

« If you feel sick just tell me so we can stop okay ? » mahfiruze thanked me and nodded as she looked away .

aynur glanced at me slowly and i nodded trying to not make it obvious . something was off about mahfiruze , i started to recall all events that happened .

could she possibly be from the group that came with esmehan ? was she sent to do something bad to me ? i was very confused .

but i had faith in aynur because she wasn't someone easy to deal with , at least she was by my side if mahfiruze tries to do something bad to me .

the carriage kept going for good hours until it stopped because mahfiruze had started feeling sick , she asked me to stop and i did but i didn't take my eyes off her when she left the carriage i kept looking at her form the small window .

« Aynur , your looks will kill her » i joked with aynur who looked more serious than i was .

« Of course , she seems fishy and i don't like her » her eyes were following her from the door frame of the carriage .

« Sultana » aynur paused as fear was starting to draw in her face before she closed the door panicking .

« Aynur whats happening » i stood up carefully as i got closer to her , her face was terrifying .

« They're coming for us sultana , stay here » she calmed down very fast but i still didn't understand what was going on .

« It's a trap it's a trap get back protect our sultana » this sentence kept being repeated by the aghas and i could hear screams of people drawing closer .

i started panicking , i was going to die .

« Sultana we should run before they get here NOW »she pushed the door open and i followed her without hesitation , the bandits were running from the other side coming towards the carriage as we started running for our lives

« They're escaping » mahfiruze's figure showed up behind us , i knew it , i knew it was their work .

she started running behind us to catch us but we were faster than her , we didn't look back at all .

« Sultana faster we're going to be safe »aynur held my hand and started dragging me with her as my dress was starting to catch all kind of trees and plants , it was bothering me .

i was running out of breath but i couldn't stop until i started seeing arrows flying by everywhere that's when i knew they were gonna catch us .

« Help us » i started screaming for help wishing for someone to rescue us but the arrows kept getting closer to us that we had to stop moving before they miss and kill us .

the bandits were catching up and it was the end of the road . i held aynur's hand and waited for them to come , we were surrendering because we were scared to die .

the arrows stopped but i heard sounds coming from the other way , someone must be out there . me and aynur ran towards the sounds as the bandits were getting closer

« We got them » one of them swung his sword in the air but got sent to the floor by an arrow coming from our side .

« I got you »