03

It's been exactly a week since i fell down the stairs and as usual being the stubborn person i am i walked earlier than i was supposed to .

my penalty was over and they finally came to clean my room meanwhile i was walking around the palace trying to find something interesting to do and whenever i went past the table i remembered that night .

« Hiranur , the dresses your mother ordered are going to be put in your room is that okay ? » i got startled by Meltem who was the head of our servants .

«  Meltem , of course . how have you been lately is nergis doing good in her school ? » i asked her about her daughter who used to come with her almost everyday .

«  She's doing very great my dear she misses you but i didn't bring her today » she replied to me with a smile which i returned back to her but suddenly the door opened and it revealed my dad standing with some men behind him

« Father welcome back » i went towards him and kissed his hand for blessing , he patted my head in response and smiled back at me .

«  Meltem prepare the table for us and i want everyone to be present » i looked at him and back at meltem confused . but my father gave me a smile instead before he walked past me along with the guards behind him .

« I wonder what is so important » i mumbled to myself and sighed as i grabbed a book from the shelves and started reading it in the salon while they were serving dinner .

an hour passed by and my father came back , dismissed the guards and took his usual place on the table , i swiftly put my book away and joined him . few moments later my mother and my sister came

«  Baba , you never ask for everyone to be here what's happening » Akça said gaining a glare from my mother but mommy father had an answer

«  Eat first and we're going to talk eventually » He spoke and i exchanged looks with my mother then started eating .

«  How have you been hiranur better ? » he asked me out of the blue and i nodded in response .

«  Is there anything the daughter of ibrahim pasha can't overcome? » my mother said proudly and i chuckled .

«  Don't worry father everything's good » he nodded back and looked over at my sister who had her mind somewhere else .

«  I was at the palace today and i had received some news i want to share with you » he finally spoke gaining all of our attention , especially akça's .

« Hope it's not something bad » my mother put her fork down and changed her posture

«  Only good things and you're going to be happy about it and so will my girls » i got relieved a bit , what was the best thing that could happen ? going out probably ?

«  Valide Sah sultan has talked to me about her wanting to marry the sultan to someone respectful and of course i had to bring your names » there was no way my father did something like this

«  Father ? why » before i can continue my question he stopped me midways .

«  Just listen , Sah sultan already knows Akça but she has never seen you hiranur this is why i will take you to meet her tomorrow » My mind shut down for a minute trying to process what he was saying .

«  Baba , why didn't you come to us and ask me about what i think » i said pushing my seat back in annoyance .

«  Your dad did the right thing hiranur , what more can you ask for ? » my mother defended him .

« I know you're not gonna be chosen but let them give you a chance » Akça said leaning towards me and i rolled my eyes at her

« No one's gonna want you if you keep putting people down , marry him yourself . i couldn't care less » my father was shocked by my words and was taken aback .

« Hiranur this is serious , you're representing me in that palace . you should meet their excpectations in any way » he put his bowl down and continued .

« There are so many girls who would kill to be in your place just think about it , you will not need anything . if you want me to stay grand vizier you have to do this » the last sentence shocked me .

« Father what are you talking about » Akça grew more curious .

« One of you should marry his highness, or we lose everything okay ? hiranur don't upset me . inshallah tomorrow you're going with your mother » I couldn't help but nod , my father was my weakest point .

but i'm sure they were going to choose akça anyways , she was prettier and more feminine if i could say than me . i stood no chance next to her but i had to work on myself today because the last thing i wanna do is disappoint my father or be the reason he loses his job .

they continued talking but i was zoned out the whole dinner until it was over , i immediately went to my room and closed it behind me . i found the dresses on my bed and i stared at them for a long time .

indeed they were all pretty , i will surely wear one of them tomorrow , i've never been to the palace nor saw the royal family since i preferred staying at home .