27

as soon as the door opened i quickly turned to look at the girl who had the knife ready to stab me , but instead she stabbed herself .

I could hear so many voices and my name repeating over and over but i was looking at the horrifying scene infront of my eyes .

I got pulled in by no one but selim who wrapped me into his embrace , i was cold and i just wanted to leave as soon as i can .

« Bring her clothes right now » he yelled at the maids who were standing there in the door , i glanced at the girl who was swimming in her blood .

« Take her away and i want her alive , no one will enter her room » he ordered the remaining maids who tried to carry her out .

« Oh my god are you good ? » he finally asked but i was still not taking a grip . I shook my head and clinged to him .

« The girl was going to kill me if you didn't arrive in time » i finally gained the power to mutter these words .

Aynur came running towards me , she bowed down to selim before helping me put on one of my random dresses .

Selim grabbed my hand and guided me outside , the hallway was crowded and everyone was swarming around but they all stepped back when they saw selim .

he paced and i made sure to stay caught up with his steps , we went to his room and he slammed the door behind us .

« How could this possibly happen ? » He angrily started pacing around the room while i was just staring at the door .

« This is too much twice? and both times we can't know who's behind this » he continued speaking while i was just thinking about what he said .

they will not let me rest .

« This is different this time , they're attempting two lives now » he made remember that i was indeed pregnant , i almost forgot the hard push that idiot inflicted .

« If i don't find out who did this i will not be able to live here anymore » i finally spoke dead serious , i can't keep living this way always scared someone would kill me .

« You will stay here by my side , and believe me whoever did this will pay » as soon as he finished speaking the door opened revealing the sultanas and all the maids who were there and sumbul.

Sah sultan was in the first one of line followed by mihrimah and esmehan behind them .

« I will not start making a speech but i guess everyone here heard what happened to hiranur » I walked to his side and looked at all of them .

« I'm sorry this happened » sah sultan had an apologetic expression on her face and i couldn't help but cringe .

« no one should be sorry. we should find a solution to this insanity. Twice , they have tried to kill my wife two times and this is starting to get dangerous » He looked at all of the people present .

« This time you're also attempting the life of the child she's bearing which is part of our dynasty so anything that will harm them will harm the whole dynasty » Everyone's eyes fell to the floor except mihrimah who was sud eyeing esmehan .

« But this time whoever did this will be punished , stranger or family member i won't go easy on him » he stopped talking and waited for someone to interfere but no one did .

« You are absolutely right , if someone doesn't feel safe in their own home where would they feel safe » Mihrimah said with a dull expression , she's the only one that looked sorry .

« I will investigate in this personally your majesty don't worry » sah sultan started right after mihrimah finished talking

« No one will interfere this time , i will do that personally . you can leave » he dismissed all of them and turned his back to them

« Sumbul you stay » he ordered sumbul who was stiffer than usual, it was obvious he was scared .

I watched everyone leave except for him , once the door closed selim turned to face sumbul who was looking at the ground .

« Now give me a reason on why i shouldn't behead you » Sumbul's movements stopped and it felt like his lungs were out of breath .

« You're the responsible for the harem and all of the maids here , how could you leave her with a untrustworthy person ? » Selim raised his voice as he closed the gap between them .

Sumbul looked small compared to him which made him start trembling .

« I didn't know , sah sultan accepted them and told me that they're safe . i didn't think she would do this » the puzzle started making sense , so that girl was one of the girls that sah sultan guaranteed .

« I swear i didn't know , they came a week ago and she seemed perfectly fine . i didn't send her to her highness at all , i wasn't on duty at that time » Selim backed away and walked towards me .

« So who gave her the order ? who sent her if it wasn't you » selim looked at sumbul and he shook his head not knowing what to say anymore .

« It's either sah sultan or the girl acted out of jealousy » i whispered to him so sumbul doesn't hear and selim closed his eyes while forming his lips into a thin line before looking at me again.

« We have to prove this , we have to let that girl talk so we can all be relieved » '