18

we kept going for some minutes before we spotted a house , there were two kids playing outside but when they saw us they immediately went back home .

« I think they got scared » the man spoke before getting off his horse as i followed him .

we walked towards their door and knocked , we had to wait some minutes before the door opened to a middle aged woman .

« How can we help » she asked still not sure whether to open the door for us .

« We have been chased by some bad people and your house was the closest , we need help » he explained to her but she didn't seem to trust us yet .

« I am sultan selim's wife , you can trust me » she got taken back and opened the door right away before kneeling infront of me , i immediately told her to stand up because i didn't like people kneeling for me at all .

« Please don't bother , i have to go back to the palace and i wonder if you'd have another horse for us » she looked around for someone before she turned to look at me .

« Yes we do have one your highness but my husband is quite .. » her eyes started looking everywhere and i exchanged looks with the man .

«  Don't worry i promise to give him another one , you know that » i answered her and she nodded before closing the door a little bit .

after some minutes she opened it again but with a key in her hand .

« Sultana i invite you to stay with us tonight, it's almost night and it's very dangerous for you three to go. tomorrow we'll send you early in the morning » i looked at aynur who was confused because she wasn't hearing any of this .

« Of course , you're right . what do you think sultana » the man finally used honorifics and i thought about it a little bit before nodding to her .

« I am so happy sultana get in » she opened the door to us and we all stepped in .

« it doesn't suit you but you staying with us is gonna make us happy » i smiled back at her as we walked into the house .

the house was normal and cozy , i didn't have any problem staying here . her kids came hiding behind their mother .

« May god preserve them to you » i said as i waved to the little kids who waved back cutely .

« make yourself comfortable sultana you must all be hungry » before we could talk she immediately left us three in the room , the man excused himself and left me and aynur alone .

« Sultana we have to go back to the palace » aynur started panicking as she looked over at the windows .

« Calm down aynur we will get back, plus selim must be searching for us already , even if they come late we will already be going back to the capital tomorrow just take it easy » i held her shoulders firmly as i tried to reassure her .

the woman came back to us and put infront of us all kind of food , me and aynur got changed . luckily we took our clothes with us .

we ate along with the woman and she actually was very nice , her name was muhsine . the man didn't eat with us , i knew muhsine 's name before him .

« Inshallah when i go back home i will make sure to reward you for everything that you did . not all people would do this » i thanked her as i rubbed her hand gently making her giggle .

« Don't say this sultana i'm just glad i could help » before she could continue her sentence the front door  abruptly opened , at first i thought it was the man but he wouldn't do that .

« Muhsine » the voice yelled in anger before coming in the room we were at . muhsine stood up in a rush and went to talk to him as me and aynur sat in confusion .

« muhsine who are these ? » his voice started getting higher as he approached us . muhsine was trying to talk him down but he didn't listen .

« Get out of my house » he yelled at us and he reeked from alcohol, he was drunk .

« Sultana im sorry he's not in the right state of mind » as she finished a slap met her face immediately and it was her husband 's .

i felt so angry i wanted to flip the table over but i stayed still and walked up to him .

« who do you think you are to raise your hand » i yelled at him but he just laughed before slapping her again , this time i couldn't contain myself .

i went back to the table and poured my hot teacup in his face , he started screaming in agony before he fell back down .

« Now leave her alone » i smashed the cup in the floor and grabbed both of aynur and muhsine's hands .

« muhsine get the kids we're leaving »i ordered her as closed the door behind us very fast .

« Sultana i cant my husband- he needs help » i cut her off and looked straight into her eyes .

« A sultana is ordering you » her eyes fell down and she immediately went to get the kids .

It was obvious she was getting mistreated by her husband , i didn't want to say that i noticed her black eye and bruises on her and her children .

the door where the man was locked opened but now he had a knife in his hands .

« Aynur run and get the man » aynur panicked and it took her some moments before running outside to look for him .

Muhsine showed up with her kids in her arms but got surprised when she saw her husband threatening me with a knife .

« You were planning to leave » he laughed before grabbing one of his kids and put the knife on his throat .

« If you touch him i'll make sure you'll never see the daylight ever again Let him down » i yelled at him but he didn't wanna listen , he was not in his normal state . he could easily kill him

« I beg you let him down please » muhsine begged her husband but he seemed amused every time she spoke .

my eyes looked at the door and i could see aynur and the man running towards us .

« Let him down you psychotic shit » the man immediately ran towards her husband and managed to break the little kid free .

« Run » i screamed as i grabbed muhsine 's hand and started running away . i looked behind and her husband was still following us .

« the horse where's the horse » i asked muhsine as we ran to the other side of her house .

« I forgot the keys inside » as we heard her answer we had no choice but to send her off first .

aynur meanwhile was throwing rocks at her husband so he can stop following us but he was just getting close and closer .

« We should run we have no time » the man with us started running towards the woods and we kept following him running .