17

my eyes traveled to the source of the voice only to find out a young man who was fully equipped.

« Stay back » he pushed us behind him and shielded us from the bandits . i didnt who this man was nor where he came from

the bandits started running towards us but stopped when they noticed his presence , that didn't stop them .

« Move from our way or we'll kill you along with them » one of them threatened as he held his sword infront of the unknown man .

« You won't touch them » the man swung his knife in the air and sent it flying but the man avoided it .

there were at least seven of them , i just wanted to help with something . i wanted to kill them one by one because they wanted my life

« Once his majesty hears about this you will all be dead » i shouted at them from behind and threw a rock out of the blue who landed directly in one them .

he cried in pain as he touched his eye .

« Get them »the one who i hit was who i guessed the leader of them , they got closer but me and aynur were faster because we started running when i threw the rock at them .

i'd didn't dare to look behind and just started running for my life until i saw a horse not very far from us who was tied to the tree .

« Okay hold on , at least i know how to ride this . we're going to save the man from them » i nervously started untying the not as aynur was helping by holding my dress up until i felt her grip loosening and heard a loud thud . i immediately turned around and aynur was laying unconscious.

« No no no no » i panicked when i saw her on the floor there was no injury visible in her , i squatted down to her and tried to wake her up but she was unconscious .

« I can't leave you here hang on » i took off my heavy cap and threw it on the muddy floor to release weight from my body .

the horse was standing still and i had to put aynur first on the horse before i could get on it .

i held her waist and tossed her on my shoulder , i was going to fall from the weight on my shoulder . i mean at the end of the day i was not that strong , i fought the pain and tried my best to toss her on the horse .

« Please don't run away okay ? »i talked to the horse because he was the only one that could hear me .

with one push i managed to put her on the horse but he started moving slowly , luckily i got on it before it could move any faster .

« Now we gotta save him » i whispered to myself as i fixed aynurs body who was laying unconscious.

i started moving trying to remember where we left off the man that saved us , i kept going until i arrived but there was no sight of him . not the bandits . it was clear they moved somewhere else

i looked around and no one was around , i kept looking with my eyes but nothing . this horse obviously belonged to him so i had to give it back

I started going towards the direction we came from at first , from where we left the carriage . the view was atrocious blood was everywhere and all the guards that were with us were dead .

the horses ran away and nothing was there anymore except from our luggage . the sun was setting and it was getting darker i wonder if the palace was noticed , because we should've arrived earlier .

I was praying selim was on his way , i was so exhausted and horrified the bandits will comeback again . i moved aynur to the other side and got off the horse , i had to wake her up .

I got in our carriage and pulled out some food and water , i took the bottle of water and spilled it on aynur who immediately gasped and opened her eyes .

i held her to not fall off the horse .

« Sultana what happened » she asked me as she started looking at her surroundings.

« You fainted but calm down okay? » i tried to help her stay steady to not fall , i explained to her what happened ever since she fainted and now we were both stuck in the middle of nowhere trying to find a man that is probably dead .

« Sultana do you think his majesty was informed ? are they looking for us » she asked nervously but i tried to reassure her so she doesn't panic anymore .

« I am sure they are, just hang on we're going to be safe » i said as my eyes moved to the clouds , it started to get darker and i got scared as each minute passed by . me and aynur were sitting in the carriage desperately waiting for someone to help us .

« I knew that she had something planned » i mumbled under my breath as i remembered that esmehan was the one behind it

« They will pay for this sultana , you could've died here » aynur added and she was right this was an open threat .

« I will make her pay for this » i said determined to make her regret what she did with her mother because esmehan is not that smart to do this alone .

my heart dropped when i heard some footsteps coming to our direction , i held a sword seated next to me tightly and put it infront of us .

« Who is there » i asked trying not to sound terrified but they didn't answer , i couldn't risk walking towards the person so i stayed still .

« It's just me » after some moments the voice answered and i could immediately recognise it it belonged to the man of earlier .

« Thank god » i put my guard down and walked towards him . he looked so sweaty and his clothes were muddy and dirty . i knew he defeated them

« I am glad you're okay » i told him with a reassuring smile and he smiled back

« Your highness i didn't know it was you in person » he bowed down to me but i didn't like him bowing down because he helped me even when he didn't know i was royalty

« Thank you for saving my life i will forever be thankful » i walked closer to him and patted his shoulder very fast .

« Thank you for saving our sultana , i owe you my life » aynur added as she started walking towards us .

« My job isn't done here yet , i still have to take you somewhere safe » he said that while looking around a bit .

« We were supposed to go to bursa but you've seen everything » i answered as i showed him the carriage . he nodded slowly before staring at his horse

« i'm sorry about that but he's all yours now »i laughed at the end of my sentence as i let him go through . he walked towards his horse and patted him

« Good job , you saved two lives today »he said to the horse before staring at us .

« Come on we will have to go before we meet even worse people » he offered aynur a hand which she took before getting on the horse .

he couldn't touch me so i had to get on alone and i didn't mind that . he was being respectful

he was seated in the front while aynur was sandwiched between us . the horse started moving but very slowly , i felt bad for the horse but we had to save our lives