01

Being the daughter of a pasha had its perks , normally you would think i was happy but in fact i felt like a prisoner in my own home , care to say it's not because of my parents being horrible towards me . My fathers position and his merging with the royal family was what made it feel like prison .

My father had so many enemies and i never really felt safe even in my home , our small palace was raided not once or twice because of my fathers enemies . i didn't blame him and always believed that it was just jealousy eating people from the inside

It has always been me , my older sibling Akça my mother and my father . i was the messy , loud and non mannered sibling as they describe me but i always did what was in my head , not like my sister who was the ultimate role model to all girls , she was Mihrimah sultan's best friend and spent most of her time in the palace but i didn't . They would either find me sword training in the garden or play with our maiden's kids .

" Quit daydreaming our father is coming back in few minutes" Akça said as she pulled her chair to take a seat on our dinner table .

" I'm not really hungry" i rose up from my comfortable seat on the mattress with my book heading towards my room

"Same manners when are you going to be a lady" she said with the most cocky attitude making me stop in my tracks

" The last one i'd listen to is you akça mind your own business" i spat out but before i could move an inch my mother was seen staring at me from very far

" Apologize to her hiranur" my mother commanded as she took a seat next to akça who had a smirk on her face .

" Mom , let's not start this shall we" i sighed " please ?" i finished my sentence before climbing the stairs and shutting my room's door behind me .

i plopped on my bed and put my book aside , my room was very messy i refused to look at it . of course my mom has given instructions to the maids to not clean my room for a week because i called akça stupid in front of my father .

if you ask me , i didn't regret it .

My door opened again making me look over , my sister was standing panting next to my door frame .

" Hiranur you won't believe who stepped into our house" she said shutting the door abruptly making me stand up with a curious face .

" Please tell me it's the my books that were delivered" i pushed her aside and tried to open my door but she stopped me .

" No !" she breathed out " It's sultan selim" my brain froze for a moment trying to understand what she was saying .

" What are you saying ? what does he have to do here" i asked taking a step back with a confused face .

" I don't know, but change up into something better im begging , dad will be mad at you if you come with these pants" she pushed me aside and opened my wardrobe

" You know that i'm not this stupid right , move" i looked over at my closet and the only stuff i had were indeed pants and some blouses no sight of a dress because i ended up giving them away and i was waiting for the dresses my mom ordered for me .

" as excpected" akça rolled her eyes and left my room and cameback with a pile of dresses in her hands which she threw on my bed .

my eyes landed on a green one which i absolutely loved , i grabbed it in my hands and motioned that i was going to change into it .

i put it on and i was surprised that i actually looked good in dresses which i barely wore since i don't even go out , akça turned around and smiled.

She smiled .

" Now you won't look like a disgrace" my smile fell and rolled my eyes .

" You keep that speech to yourself" i opened the door for her and she left me alone, i braided some strands of my hair and sprayed perfume and put my five year old necklace which i also barely wore .

Nice , i do look nice . but i didn't care still i felt so uncomfortable.

i opened my door and my sister was still standing there peeking from upstairs but she turned around with a gasp

" Finally , you look pretty" she held my hand and whispered " you bow down to him okay ? don't start talking about your books again" i rolled my eyes at her and took the stairs .

I felt nervous for no reason but i still went down the stairs confidently , i looked at them and there was Selim and my father while my mother ordered the maids around while welcoming the sultan

he was cute but that didn't matter now , i just had to act more feminine that was my main goal for now .

Instead of focusing on my last stair , i focused on selim who looked over at my direction and that led to the most embarrassing moment in my entire life after that time when i interrupted my father's small divan here .

I fell .
I fell on the stairs .
I fell on the stairs in front of the sultan .