♡ THIRTY - FIVE ♡

"Loving someone who doesn't love you back is like hugging a cactus. The tighter you hold on, the more it hurts." - Unknown

"Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes...just be an illusion." - Javan.

••••••

* 8 Days later *

[ Harry's POV ]

SATURDAY

I get to do something I've never done. Something a lot of people probably take for granted. Celebrate Halloween, or at least do something for it. I walk on the porch and ring the doorbell three times. Standing there in my pirate costume. Complete with a fake plastic hook. A very hyper Louis answers the door. He is wearing his costume (including the tights). His hair is styled into a little quiff on top of his head. And a tiny green hat is balancing on top.

"Harry?" His face flashes with shock.

"That's me." I smile and he takes a long blink.

"Are you wearing eyeliner?"

"Yeah." I quickly start rubbing my eyes. "Should I take it off? My mom forced me to wear it because she said it would look good-" He takes my hand and gently places it by my side.

"No, it looks good Harry. Like really good." He stares at me for a little bit until Daisy comes screaming around the corner. She is wearing her Tinkerbell costume and is covered in body glitter. She comes running up to me but stops and her eyes go wide. Her face crumbles and she immediately starts crying. Louis rushes over and asks her what's wrong.

"Who is that." She cries, burying her face into Louis.

"That's Harry, D." He pats her back. She looks over and I smile at her. I take off my hat and fake plastic hook. Her face automatically goes back to normal, like nothing happened. Children are so fascinating, then just pretend like things ever happened. They go from happy-sad-happy in a matter of seconds. Sometimes I wish I could be a child again. I wish I could get a redo, just to get all the happiness and innocence back. The stuff that was ripped away from me at far young of an age.

"Harry!" She squeals. I put my hook back on and pat her on the head.

"Look Lous, I can touch her." I tell him excitedly. Patting her on the head with my hook hand. Louis smiles and pulls me in for a hug.

"Harry!" Louis's mom comes around the corner. I walk right up to her and hold out my hook hand for her to shake. She looks surprised at first but laughs and shakes it. I bounce on my toes and I can feel Louis smiling at me from across the room.

"PHOEBE, COME IN HERE. IT'S TIME TO LEAVE." She turns around and shouts. There is a bunch of thumping and then Phoebe comes running around the corner. She has somehow also gotten covered in body glitter and is wearing a light blue dress and bow in her hair.

"Are you girls ready to go?" Louis asks, handing them bags for their candy.

"Yes!"

"I get to sit on your shoulders." Daisy says, standing at Louis's feet and jumping with her arms up.

"And why is that?"

"I'm the fairy, and the fairy always sits on the person's shoulder."

"Fine." He lifts her and puts her on his shoulders. "I'm not gonna be able to walk for a week." He groans. I look over and Phoebe is twisting her feet around and humming. I tap her on the shoulder and hold out my hook for her. She smiles and grabs it.

"Now are we ready to go?" Louis asks.

"Yes." We all say together.

"Let's go get some candy then." Louis says and claps his hands together.