♡ EIGHTY ♡

[ Harry's POV ]

The second I open my eyes the next morning all the memories come rushing back. A smile instantly spreading onto my face. It all seems fake, too good to be true. Like I'm gonna wake up on the couch and Louis will have gone out with someone else. 

But until I wake up, I'm gonna milk this for all its worth. 

I pop out of bed happily and walk downstairs. The hardwood is freezing under my feet like it is every morning. I sleepily open the fridge and pull out the loaf of bread. About to pop some into the toaster when my phone dings from my pocket. I pull it out.

L: wait to eat breakfast <3

I smile to myself and set the bread back into the fridge. Only recently, after going to Louis’s house, did I realize not everyone keeps their bread in their fridge. I do, eating room temperature bread makes my stomach feel all gross.  I go upstairs and throw on some clothes for school and run a brush through my hair a few times. Shortly after Louis texts, me and says he’s here, way earlier than normal.  I grab my backpack and hurry downstairs and out the door. Louis is sitting in the driver’s seat adjusting the mirrors. I open the passenger door and toss my things in the back. The tape that says “Harry’s spot” is severely peeling off. 

I climb into the seat and give Louis a quick smile before reaching to buckle myself in. As my head is turned down to look at the buckle, he hooks his finger under my chin and lifts it up. He leans over and kisses me. Making me let the seatbelt go and smile into the kiss. Kissing is a lot easier than I had ever assumed. Or maybe it’s just Louis. I guess I’ll never know 

Because Louis is the only person I wanna kiss for the rest of my life. 

And while everything felt fake this morning 

Holy shit does this feel real. 

He pulls away slowly and smiles at me. I smile and look back down to buckle in my seat belt. 

“Ready to go?” All I can do is nod. He nods back, satisfied and shifts the car into drive. His thumbs drumming the steering wheel. Upbeat music playing softly in the background. We drive for a little while until we pull into the waffle house parking lot and he turns off the engine. I laugh as we get out of the car. He holds the door open for me and I roll my eyes. 

“How many?” The extremely grumpy looking hostess asks us before both our feet are even in the door. Louis holds up two fingers and she sighs. Reaching for the menus and motioning us to follow her. The restaurant is pretty empty. Just a few trucker guys and one nurse who probably works the night shift. She seats us in the corner and tosses the menus onto the table. 

“Shouldn’t you two be in school?’ She squints her eyes at us. 

“Not for 40 more minutes ma’am,” Louis says, grinning at her. She does not return the favor and walks off. He turns to me and raises his eyebrows. “What a gem she is.” We laugh and look at the menus. 

A significantly more friendly waitress comes over to us. 

“Hey ya’ll I’m Christy I’ll be your server this morning, what can I getcha to drink?” She whips open her notebook and clicks her pin. 

“We’ll just have 2 glasses of milk please,” Louis answers confidently. 

“Alright, and are we ready to order as well?” Louis nods and makes his order. 

Making me realize I haven’t even looked at the menu, I pick it up but I’m on the wrong side. I flip it over and now my menu is upside down.  When was the last time I even went to a restaurant to eat? Oh my god, what am I doing right now? The amount of people who have probably touched this menu is a thought I don’t even wanna think about.