♡ TWENTY ♡

* 5-day time jump *

FRIDAY

[ Harry's POV ]

H: Hey Liam

L: Um hi, who is this?

H: It's Harry, Louis gave me your number a while ago

L: Oh, Hi harry

H: Hi, I need to ask you a favor

L: Sure what is it

H: I REALLY wanna go to the Louis football game tonight. But I don't wanna go alone. Will you come with me?

L: Sure

H: Really?

L: Of course, I'll see if Niall wants to come too.

H: Ok, just don't tell Louis, I wanna surprise him.

L: You got it

I tuck my phone back into my pocket. Ok, other than my foot repeatedly jamming itself into the floor this is going pretty well.

"You good over there Bob the Builder?" Louis asks. We are sitting in English class, where Mr. Russett is running his mouth. Because what else does the old dud do? And I can't stop tapping my foot. I have to tap it sixty times. We are on twenty-three.

"Bob the builder- are you calling me a truck?"

"No, I'm calling your leg a jackhammer." I just glance down at my leg and try to stop it.

See? He DOES think we are annoying

"I'm messing with you." He says with a laugh. "You know that... don't you?" I nod, but he doesn't look that convinced.

•••

L: Me and Niall are here

H: Coming!

I walk out to Liam's car and get in the backseat. After 20 minutes of me giving very bad directions to Liam. And almost getting lost a few times we finally pull into the parking lot. I already bought our 3 tickets ahead of time. So we walk right in and find a bench for us to sit on. Niall goes to get some food and I just sit and take it all in. My first high school football game. I've been in high school for four years and this is my first one.

•••

[ Louis's POV ]

We walk on the field. This time I didn't get my hopes up. I know Harry isn't gonna be there. And I understand, especially after I had to make that bitchy remark during English. The look on his face after I said that hurt more than him not coming to my game. I made fun of him for something he can't control. I'm turning into the people who ruined my life in high school. I try to shake it off, unsuccessfully. And as we line up in our starting positions, the crowd goes quiet.

"GO LOUIS!" Someone yells from the stands. Wait a second I recognize that deep voice. I snap my head up and squint while I scan the crowd. And there he is, sitting in between Liam and Niall. With a huge smile on his face, holding up two thumbs.

"START." The ref yells. Making me snapback into the game. But knowing Harry is watching - for some reason- is making it hard to focus.

•••

[ Harry's POV ]

I try to keep track of Louis's jersey during the game to know what he's doing. He's number 28, which I keep mixing up with number 82. As I'm trying to find him again there is an eruption of cheers. I turn to Niall. Who is eating a soft pretzel. Because when is he not eating?