ℂʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 36: "𝙳𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚊𝚕"

Kill POV:

They thought I arrived in Tokyo today but the truth is, I arrived a night before that. Frank did not prepare a new passport for us just like he always does since we will complete the mission from afar and no interaction needed. Tho he was probably right, I still considered it as dangerous so I flew here carrying Nathan Clarke as my name, same name that I used when we went to Italy three years ago.

I can never forget the mission in Italy, that was the first and last mission which I breached the contract. I was not punish by my action but I was reprimanded like hell. We never been in a mission for seven months after that. I was sent for a training and was obliged to review the contents of the contract. After that, I changed. I did every mission professionally since then, less interaction with the target and with my team until it felt like killing has become a part of me.

We were sent to Asia to blot out famous Asian Triads and the latest mission before we arrived here in Tokyo was eliminating Sebastian, father of Diego Escobar who died in massacre in Taormina. Altho I was reproved, I never regret my decision to conspire with Flavio in eliminating everyone. I never heard from him after the last call I made when I landed in Edmonton. I still wish that he is happy now and Alessandro has forgiven him already.

Liam called me earlier asking where I am. I remembered that I texted him that I already arrived in Tokyo but that  was a lie. I said I was in the hotel already which is the truth, I just came back after I roamed around Ginza. He invited me for dinner which he said was reserved by Sofia. I can't say no to her but I tried. Liam insisted so I ended up saying yes.

After the call, I prepared the clothes I would wear. I settled for a white long sleeves dress shirt, royal blue business pants, space blue leather loafer shoes, and a blue top coat with printed lines of white. Park Hyatt to Shangri-La is a 17-minute ride away and the dinner would be at 8 PM. It was still 6:30 PM so I decided to take a nap first.

When I woke up, I stretched for awhile then took a shower. I wore my clothes and put on my necklace and earrings. I checked myself in the big mirror before going out. "You are an assassin but you got an innocent face," I mumbled then left the mirror and snatched my phone, room card, and wallet from the table.

I was already inside the cab when Liam texted, asking where I am. I told him that I was already on my way. When I finally reached Nadaman, I felt proud because it was the first time I did not arrive exactly on time, just a minute before. I was smiling as I walked towards our table where the attendant was leading me. Sophia stood up, greeted me, and kissed my cheek. Liam stood up and whispered in my ear then he pulled away when Sophia naughtily coughed.

"By the way, I want you to meet Candra and I's friend, Fire!" Liam stated and pointed someone beside me. I stiffened when I heard the name. I only knew one Fire in this world and that was my childhood best friend. I don't care if they forgot to tell me that there will be someone coming to join us for dinner but I really hoped it was a different person. I was not even surprised to hear their real names. Sophia and I really got closer so we shared about each other's past but I never mentioned names. I knew that she and Liam came from Thailand too so the possibility of having Fire Chearavanont beside me is undeniably high.

"Chill Kill! You're already here! You can't walk out anymore!" I thought trying to convince myself and turned towards the person beside me.

"Hi! I'm Noah Johnson! Nice to meet you! Fire right?" I uttered and reached out my right hand for a handshake. It was really him. I was glad I did not stutter when I saw him.

Fire on the other hand was shocked. He just stared at me as if he saw a ghost.

"Are you OK? Don't tell me it's a love at first sight?" I joked and let out a dazzling smile followed by a playful giggled. I heard Sophia chuckled while Liam was silent.