ℂʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 21: "𝙾𝚕𝚍 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍"

Candra POV:

My name is Candra Saetang. I was born in Phuket, Thailand. I came from a wealthy and a prominent clan in the world of business and politics.

Wolf and Rain are my childhood best friends. We have shared so much laughters and stayed by each other's side thru thick and thin. But those smiles slowly faded away when both of them were sent to Bangkok for high school.

I met Earth during my high school years. He grew in a middle-class family, a type of family which my ambitious father will never see as valuable in our society. Unlike Dad, Mom is very compassionate. She loves and supports me with whatever choices I make as long as I am happy.

Although Earth and I were friends during high school, I did not mention him in my family because I was afraid that he will be humiliated or worst will be threatened by my father.

After high school graduation, Earth asked me for a date. He wanted us to be more than friends. I said yes because I like him too. All those years, I felt his genuine care and love which I never received from my father.

Earth and I went out for a dinner, we were happy that night. I felt contentment and pure happiness. Finally someone saw me for who and what really I am, not as a woman who is overshadowed by her clan's fame and wealth.

Without my knowledge, Dad had sent someone to monitor me all these years. I never noticed any hint of suspicion, I guess I underestimated him. He has been receiving photos of Earth and I being really close together but he never reacted once nor do anything impulsive, not until that night.

We were both shocked when we saw Dad standing beside our table. He forcefully lifted me up and gave me a hard slap. Earth stood up to defend me but Dad's men stopped him, Dad gazed him with burning eyes. Dad ordered some of his men to drag me back to the car and to drive me back home while he remained still sending Earth a melting stare while clenching his fist.

I arrived home with puffy eyes from crying. Mom met me and enclosed me in a tight embrace. She caressed me, gently rubbing my back trying her best for me to stop.

"Mom why can't we just simply love without thinking about social statuses? Why can't we choose someone we truly love?" I asked with teary eyes.

"It's because we were born in a family where we don't have the right to choose and we are obliged to follow," she sadly answered.

"I was once in your shoes my dear. I once fell in love with the man I knew I will love forever. I fought but I miserably failed," she continued, now with some tears coming out from her eyes.

"We were both born in a powerful family. Too powerful that we ended up manipulated," she uttered now hugging me, both of us crying.

Dad locked me up for a week. Mom tried to talked with him but he never listened. He later on sent me to Bangkok where I spent the remaining days of my vacation fully guarded.

I never seen Earth since our dinner and I just later found out from Mom that he went to Canada with her help. He was humiliated by my Dad in front of those rich guests in the restaurant. He threw a check on him and ordered to stay away from me. He threatened that he will destroy his family if he will show up in front of me again.

Dad enrolled me in a prestigious university in Bangkok with the degree in Business Administration. After a year, Dad informed me that he arranged my marriage to the son of one of his influential friends in business, Dhanin Ratanavadi who happens to be my childhood best friend Wolf's father.

Wolf and I met again. We were both happy to see each other, our parents even thought that we will be a perfect couple. We talked about the things we have missed but I did not share what exactly happened a year ago. Wolf later on confessed that we can't be together.