ℂʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18: "𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚛"

Liam POV:

I was picked up at 9am from our dormitory after I accepted the contract as our agency's assassin. I really wanted to tell Noah discretely but when I woke up he wasn't there anymore.

"He might have gone home already since its Saturday now," I thought.

The specialization training would take six months. Six months of training without seeing him. It feels like my life only revolves with my work and him; altho there is really nothing intimate going on between us, I still consider him a special person to me.

Ever since I came out from the camp and after six months as a bodyguard, I never contacted home except my mom who just expressed her worries. She told me that since I left California, dad have been looking for me and even threatened her to ruin her life if he will know that she is hiding me, unfortunately for him mom's new husband is powerful in California too. He is a tycoon who has businesses all over USA and overseas.

Toronto, Canada

I rode a private plane and arrived Toronto. I was brought to The Florian, one of the most expensive condominiums in Toronto. The elegant 25-storey building is where I would be staying and just few blocks away is the building where I would be training. The unit is really awesome: a two bedroom with separate bathrooms, complete appliances, and accessible amenities.

CEO Brad Wilson mentioned that that they will be training three persons to become their elite assassins after six months but I wasn't able to meet the other two. In six months, the current assassins will be completing their contract which means the agency is keeping their words and guarantees our freedom once our agreement ends.

He said I will be Two: The Intel. An assassin who is specialized in creating assets, collecting information, spying, and killing if necessary. I know it is not right to put the law in our hands and to take lives but hearing those kind of people who are being eliminated may sound doing it for a good cause.

The world is too cruel already. A place where the poor people, whose rights have been stripped off from them, were being continuously oppressed by the wealthy as if they do not deserve to live. A change is necessary. If terminating the toxic is what needed, then I will do it.

Although I was born in a rich family, I never looked down those who weren't blessed with the same things we have. I know thousands or probably millions were already fallen victims of those wicked people and its really unbearable. I remembered what happened more than 3 years ago in Thailand.

The second richest family in Thailand has stumbled down when the head of the family died in a car accident. All of their wealth has been taken by the Mafia and the family was even scrutinized perniciously in social media. I haven't met those people nor seen them in social media or business events because I don't give a shit about social statuses but obviously they are the real victims. A rich family betrayed by another rich but voracious family.

I even heard that their son left Thailand, running for his life. Its just funny to hear that his name is Kill too.

"Why do parents name their child Kill?" I thought and a smirk formed in my face.

"See you soon Kill!" I added and started unloading my stuff.

Its Monday now, first day of my training. My trainings are mainly about: computer and gadgets, hacking, wiretapping, and espionage.

The training isn't easy as expected. I am a computer literate and techy  with vast knowledge with codes and programming but I prefer being in combat than being a nerd and genius one working from the shadow. Yet this is my job, so I'll gonna do my best to learn more and be superior in it.

Days and months have passed and I have learned so much. The training gets harder every day but I still found it bearable and enjoyable. I have passed countless of test already but I must pass the final one.

"Just few more days and I'll see you again Kill," I thought.

For my final test, I need to hack the system of the training department and obtain a folder containing confidential information from a computer. There are hundreds of computers connected with the system but what makes it even tougher is how I'm gonna break in with the triple-layer of IT security of the company with multiple data encryptions.

For almost six months of training, I was completely exposed with the world of hacking. My instructors taught me how to use the internet,how to program, what tools to use and how to use it, advance steps for hacking, how to create backdoors thru malware, and how to cover my tracks to avoid being caught.

Hacking isn't bad actually, it depends on your reason of doing it. Hackers are generally categorized by type of metaphorical "hat" they don: "white hat", "grey hat", and "black hat".

All three have extensive knowledge about breaking into computer networks and bypassing security protocols. They are also responsible for writing malware, which is a method used to gain access to these systems.

The difference is that the black hat hackers hack illegally for their personal gain and may modify or worst destroy data while white hat hackers are called ethical hackers, normally employed by a company to perform penetration testing, test in-place security systems and perform vulnerability assessments for companies.

Grey hat hackers, on the other hand, a blend of both black hat and white hat activities but it's still considered illegal since they don't acquire permission from the owner prior hacking.

The company employed five white hackers to keep the black hackers at bay. For more than two decides that this company existed, no black hackers were able to break in their system.

"This is going to be a tough battle," I seriously thought. "But noone can stop me!" I added with a mischievous grin.

First, I ran a series of enumeration thru an open-sourced Unix-based system to gather information of my target which is the company IT security. My goal is to establish an active connection with the target and find vulnerabilities that I can use to further exploit the system.

 My goal is to establish an active connection with the target and find vulnerabilities that I can use to further exploit the system

Then, I tested the target to see if I could reach the remote system using the tools I acquired.

Next, I ran a scan of the ports to find a path or open port in the system. I checked the FTP and HTTP but they are both protected. I tried other TCP and UDP ports that may have been forgotten, such as Telnet and various UDP ports left open for LAN gaming which I did not regret later on.

After that, I tried to crack the password. I used different techniques such as the "brute force" and "social engineering" but I miserably failed. I was left with no choice but to do phishing, I
sent a fake email to the owner account himself that appears to be from the IT department. The email contains an attachment that requires to install an application which in reality is a spyware or a keylogger. The owner carelessly installed it which gave me a super-user privileges thru buffer overflow.

Finally, I broke in and gained full access. I took the folder and copied it in a USB but before that I secretly installed a piece of malware to the compiler itself so every compiled software would be my potential way to come back later on. I did not made any changes to the system to cover up my track instead I patched a server and had my secret password hard-coded in it.

The IT department and the training head were completely stunned by what I did. I gained applause from them and earned congratulations from passing the final test.