ℂʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7: "𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚍"

Kill POV:

2014
Richelieu, Quebec, Canada
Training Camp

It's already been a year since I entered the camp, one year of no going out and no phone calls. We were slowly being forged into someone who does not  really care with everything other than the task on hand.

Frank already visited four times but we rarely talk. He came every three months and stayed for three days to monitor the progress of the trainees. He assured me that my sister Mae, altho missed me, is doing well.

I promised her that I'll call as much as possible but the truth was, we are not allowed to go out and make phone calls for the whole two years. I lied because I was afraid the she will not allow me no matter how determined I am to be here.

I joined the training  because I considered it as the best way for me to start anew. This is where I will learn everything I needed for my future plans.

Liam and I didn't talk about me crying in the shower that time, he didn't ask nor I say something not just I don't want to discuss it but because we are not allowed to talk about our personal life as well. I honestly avoided him for a week since that incident but he didn't ask, follow me, nor tease me. After a week, I approached him and have some talk. Since then, he became a great companion.

The training became unpredictable, not just because we are not being told what to tackle for that particular day in advance but the time keeps on shifting too. There were times that we trained from midnight until morning or noon, sometimes from dusk to dawn and vice versa, and there were times that we trained for 3days straight. The only rest we had were break-times but the weekends were always free. The training does not only measure our physical strength or our intellectual or mental capacity but in all aspects too.

One year  of training was really wearisome. For one year we have been taught about every essential things that we must master as a private security. We became disciplined and our teamwork became formidable but the training isn't just about teaming up.

Every six months, we are being tested and ranked individually in all fields

Every six months, we are being tested and ranked individually in all fields. The competition was not simple than expected, it got harder and messier especially the one on one combat.

I ranked first for 2 consecutive months and Liam just exactly behind me. Although he got that monstrous strength greater than everyone else which made him the champion in one on one combat and endurance test; my flexibility and speed in battle, my accuracy in guns, knives, and arrows, and my literacy in computer and bombs can never be compared with anyone.

Though I became intimate with everyone especially Liam, I can never trust anyone, not anymore. Even my bestfriend since childhood left and forgot about me, how much more this people who I just knew for a year. People who bore different name and hid their own life or worst faked their own personality.

This whole year, I have been too focused in improving myself and it seems  like it changed me as a person too. I became attentive and observant. I endured so much pain that I forgot about my own self. The only thing I can never forget is how we were mistreated.

I know the danger is always there but I will take all the risk to complete the task and eliminate anything or anyone who tries to impede.

"This is me now and this is what I want to be," I thought.

"I am stronger now, but not as stronger as I wished to be.

"I need to learn more.

"I want the whole world to forget about me.

"I want them to forget Kill Chirathivat,  the only son of the second wealthiest man in Thailand.

"I want them to forget the kind-hearted and genial Kill.

"The soft and fragile Kill.

"When I get out from here, I will be Noah Johnson.

"The Noah Johnson who can disguise well.

"The Noah Johnson who can complete the task without them knowing.

"The Noah Johnson who will execute every task with no remorse," I continuously thought while I clenched my fist.