ℂʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 34: "𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑 𝙱𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝙻𝚒𝚎𝚜"

Fire POV:

March 2019
Tokyo, Japan

Seven long years. It's been seven long years since my life started to change. Change that I never expected nor wanted. I don't blame anyone tho. If there is someone to blame, that would be myself. For seven years, I allowed my cowardice to take over me. I have been coward to fight for myself and for the people that I love. Yeah! It was all my fault. The reason why I am not happy until now is probably I don't deserve to be one.

It all started with Kill, my childhood best friend. It's still fresh in my mind as if it just happened yesterday. One night he confessed that he likes me; I honestly don't know what to say, all I know was I am not happy about it. I was taken aback and I felt a little disgust towards him. My childhood best friend who liked me all those years, we did so much things together and he might have enjoyed every single bit of it. Tho I know that he is a good person, I just needed time to think about it and left him without saying any word. He might had cried, I don't know if he really did because that was the last time we talked.

When I saw him during graduation, I knew in that exact moment that I missed him, I missed my best friend. I don't have any response to his confession at that time, but I missed him that I wanted to hug him so tight. I was so proud seeing him on the stage receiving his awards, he deserved all of them. But seeing him cried because of some reasons that I am not aware was tearing my heart apart. I knew that was not tears of joy, I knew every single detail of him. When he left the stage and ran towards his car, I followed behind. I wanted to comfort him, I wanted to tell him that I am still here his best friend but my parents stopped me.

"What are you doing Maè?" I hissed
(Maè, Thai for Mother)

"Lūkchāy, just don't go please," Mom begged.
(Lūkchāy, Thai for Son)

"Mom, Kill needs me!" I objected.

"Stop! Listen to your Mom!" my father shouted.

I was left with no choice but to obey them. If there is something that I have learned while growing up that is to never oppose my father. He is a good father, just don't challenge him because you're not gonna like it.

When we arrived home, I immediately took my phone planning to make a phone call to Rain but Dad abruptly snatched it away from me. He sent me to my room with guards standing behind the door. I was not allowed to go out nor talk to my best friends especially Kill. I was puzzled at first, I did not understand why they acted like that. As far as I knew, Kill's family and mine are friends and business partners.

I later on found out that Kill left Thailand running for his life after the Mafia uttered menace against him. He left without him and me talking. The Mafia eventually snaffled all their properties. People even cursed his family for involving with the Mafia. I knew that they are innocent. His family is really good, actually even better than mine. I was curious as to why my parents did not retaliate even some of the businesses nabbed by the Mafia were co-owned by them.

I confronted my parents and I didn't halt until I knew the truth. The Mafia boss turned out to be my uncle, my mother's brother. I was befuddled. All this time it was our fault why Kill is suffering. I hurt him by leaving him that time but my clan even hurt them even more.

"Did Lung order to kill them?" I asked. We were in the dining room that time, having dinner.
(Lung, Thai for Uncle)