ℂʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13: "𝙸𝚗 𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎"

Kill POV:

It was already dusk when the Convention ended. We headed to the Market by Jean-Georges for private dinning. The restaurant is located at the 3rd floor of Shangri La along Alberni, Street.

After a 4-minute ride, we finally arrived at the restaurant. The restaurant welcomes with a very soothing ambience, the service is immaculate, and the food presentation and taste are truly bodacious.

We took few drinks before heading back to the hotel. Salam directly went for rest after taking a shower. Just like last night, we did shifting duties to keep a security watch.

The next morning, Salam just requested a room service for breakfast. He will be leaving today, his flight will be at 11 AM.

After 15 minutes, I heard a doorbell rang signifying that someone has arrived. I motioned Marco to check and verify the identity of the person behind the door while I checked on my iPad to confirm. There are only two men outside with a trolley as shown in the iPad thru the surveillance camera. They were hotel attendants bringing in food for Salam.

Marco opened the door and scanned them including what they brought. Salam and his assistant already took their seats in the center table while Liam and I are standing just behind them. Casmir and Polo are currently resting since they stood watch since last night.

The two attendants came in, pushing the trolley. It felt like something is wrong. I intently observed them.

"They looked like fully-shaved Persians, no! Newly-shaved Persians as if they purposely shaved their moustache and facial hair for today," I thought.

"The guy pushing the trolley seems like exerting a little bit more effort when just pushing the trolley carrying a normal breakfast meal," I logically concluded.

I flicked my fingers behind me, enough for Liam to hear. I hand gestured him to be ready and sent eye signal to Marco ordering him to be ready too. I avoided talking so they can't be alerted if they really plan to commit trouble.

We have learned a lot from the training on how to send hand and eye signals because its more reliable to use when in close proximity than talking using a communication device because it provides no hint to the enemy.

The trolley stopped just right in front of the table, the attendant slowly putting the plates in the table, head down. The other guy stood beside Marco.

"He can't be a hotel manager and came just to supervise because they both wearing the same uniform," I thought again.

The attendant slowly opened the stainless steel plate covers until everything is exposed, all are food. Pulling the gun from my waist would be too obvious from the guy beside Marco. We don't want to give them a clue that we already sensed what is about to happen. I discretely gripped the glass vase behind me ready to throw to the guy in front.

"Today you will die!" the attendant angrily spat.

He pulled a Walther P99 pistol under the compartment of the trolley and is about to point it to Salam. With all force, I threw the vase in him which shattered on his face and the pistol was dropped in the floor.

Marco immediately gave the guy beside him a strong jab using the back of his left fist which landed on other's stomach. Liam lunged to the other guy whose face is now covered with broken glasses and gave him a jumping rear leg axe kick which violently hit his head.

Casmir and Polo woke up from this disturbance. I immediately commanded them to secure the Client. They brought Salam and his assistant inside the room.

I am about to pick up the pistol but another guy came out from the customised hidden compartment of the trolley and kicked me. I pulled out my handgun but he immediately kicked it and it flung away. I faced him and sent a roundhouse kick which he was able to defend using his two arms.

They were just able to sneak in one pistol but all of them looked well-trained for a close-quarter combat.

I launched a front right hook kick, he stepped back and seized my leg. He forcefully pulled my leg causing me to completely split in the floor.

He gave me series of heavy front snap kicks aiming for my chin which I guarded using my two arms while moving my left leg towards my right leg.

When he kicked again using his  right leg, I evaded it by rolling to the right. Using my right hand as a support, I spun and gave him a hard back kick hitting his abdomen.

I stood up and prepared myself for some Capoeira techniques.

I did the Ginga to create distraction and confusion. The guy looked so pissed and he furiously approached me. I gave him an Armada, a reverse roundhouse kick which heavily landed on his left face. He groaned in pain and backed away.

I ran towards him, jumped and hit him with an Axe kick. He felt dizzy and about to fall down but i leaned on my left side and launched a full-force hook kick which slammed into his right face. He fell down, completely unconscious.

The other two guys were also lying unconscious. Captain Wesley saw what happened  thru the  surveillance cameras inside the suite and immediately contacted CSIS and our agency. I spoke to him and informed that everything has been taken accordingly and the Client is safe.

We tied the three guys. Scanned the area for probable back-up of these perpetrators and waited for CSIS and Captain Wesley to arrive.

The CSIS arrived and took the three men with them for interrogation and discussed other matters with Captain Wesley and Salam prior leaving.

We followed the convoy heading to the Airport. Salam went inside his private plane after bidding goodbye with so much gratefulness in his smile. The plane safely took off at exactly 11 AM carrying Salam back to his home.