ℂʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16: "𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚂𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎"

Kill POV:

Its already midnight when we arrived in our Grand Suite. I'm a little bit drunk so I let Liam piggyback me. He laid me in my bedroom, stripped me down, leaving just a pair of boxer briefs.

"I wanna go to shower first," I softly uttered.

"Do you need help?" he worriedly ask.

" I'm tipsy but not disabled!"

"I'm just worried that you might slip and fall down. Besides we already saw each other naked, so there's nothing to be ashamed of."

"Liam normal men don't shower together while fully naked."

"Then its either you or I are abnormal," he uttered while grinning, "or probably both of us aren't normal after all."

"Whatever!" I lazily said.

My vitality is completely worn out. All I just wanted is to shower then have a peaceful rest.

I went to the bathroom and approached the shower, leaving the doors open. I turned the valve on but I was completely astounded when my body felt the cold water pouring out of it.

"Shit!" I loudly muttered.

I reached for the control and turn it to hot. After few minutes, someone came it. He hugged me from the back and showered my right shoulder with small kisses. Of course its Liam, there are only the two of us left here since the rest of the team came back to Edmonton with Captain Wesley.

"Liam, I am too tired to entertain your teases right now," I said.

"Do I look like teasing you now?" he asked.

"What else then? You have been doing such thing since we were in the camp, I can't be surprised anymore," I replied trying to unlash myself from his arms.

"I think I like you! I like you Kill!" he whispered in my right ear still giving me a tight hug from behind.

"You're just confused Liam and don't call me by that name. Ok?" I softly said trying to convince him and tapped his left arm signalling him to let me go.

He displaced his arms and turned me to face him. He looked at me in the eyes trying to convey something. His eyes showed nothing but seriousness and compassion.

"I like you," he said again.

I really don't know what to say. I liked my best friend before which means I do appreciate men, actually I like both gender but I never been into a relationship since birth. I have never even liked someone after Fire, it felt like it isn't my priority right now. I'm still 21, out of school but I have so much dreams that I wish to achieve causing me to loss interest with love at the moment.

"I don't know if you call it gay but I never liked a man before until I felt this uneasy feeling towards you," he said.

"I get jealous whenever someone tries to hit on you. I am sad too whenever I see you down. I am happy every time I see you smile or laugh," he continued.

I like him too. We have been by each other side for more than 2 years, we shared  happy, sad, and weary moments. I would be lying if I would say I was never charmed by the way he looks at me. I would be lying if I would say I never felt any romantic excitement with all those teases he did to me.

But this feeling must be suppressed. It must be kept hidden because it might hinder me from doing the things that  I planned all these years. I can't love someone, not until I'll get what I want. Not until I'll have what I deserve. Until I get back what was taken from us.

"Remember the protocol Liam, we can't love anyone in this agency while we are under contract," I said but it's true. It was written in our contract, at least I can make use of it to hide what I truly feel.

"You will eventually  forget it. Trust me," I firmly said, tapping his shoulder and pulling out my towel in the racks.

I left the bathroom, leaving Liam in silence. He did not say  anything after what I have said. By the moment I finished wearing my clothes, he went out the bathroom. I saw his pair of boxers and a sleeveless shirt on top of my bed, he might have brought it with him when he came.

He wore his clothes and looked at me. He stared intently, without saying anything.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Did you just rejected me?" he sadly asked.

I was caught in awe. I never thought Liam would take it that way. Memories flashed in my head. I remembered how I felt when Fire rejected me without saying anything. It hurts.

"I'm sorry. Honestly, I like you too but its not yet the right time," I honestly said. I'll gonna be different from Fire. It I might  hurt people, I'll just do it honestly and bravely.

"Did you just say you like me too?" Liam happily blurted out.

This guys isn't listening. I felt tired again.

"Let's just sleep. I'm already tired," I surrendered.

We headed to bed. We even had a small fight because he kept on insisting that I should lie on his right arm to which I am not comfortable. In the end, we ended up cuddling. I lie on his right arm and his left arm hugging me making my head rest in between his chin and chest.

"Liam?" I softly called out. I can now hear his little snores and can feel his warm breathe every time he exhales. He is asleep.

"I remembered how I confessed with him. I remembered how he left. I remembered how hurt I was. But I don't want us to end up like that. I want us to be  good friends even if we are not destined to be together," I confessed.

"Hmmm.. Let's just say we found each other, we found love in a wrong time.

"When the right time comes, if you're still here, I'll choose you.

"For the mean time I'll just love you from afar. I'll just love you in silence."

I rose my head to reach his left cheek and leaned for a kiss.

"Good night!"